“Pleasantly surprised”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Georgetown
Cross street: Wisconsin Ave. & N Street
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Really enjoyed our experience here. Food was very good, service was very attentive. Our water glasses were full at all times, and so were our wine glasses. It has been a while since I came across this level of service, especially while sitting outside. Overall we were very happy with our restaurant choice

There are newer reviews for Neyla

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I grew up on Lebanese food, so any restaurant has my grandmothers cooking as the high benchmark. I have to say that Neylas met this challenge and then some. The food was superb, the waitstaff and host gracious, extremely attentive and very friendly. We went back the next night for the same wonderful experience. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Mediterranean food is the word of the day. Pleasant assortment and decent pricing. Outdoor dining was very nice. We enjoyed the sampler since this was our first experience in Middle Eastern dinng. Even though we were outside, we were seated too close to two men who had to have their wine and large cigars.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Have been to Neyla several times since arriving in the metro DC area 3 years ago.... and as a Lebanese it has always been our go to restaurant for Lebanese food when feeling homesick and we were not disappointed by the food. This time, we had a reservation for midweek a wednesday, and Neyla's was not full. So could not understand the poor service and attention by our waiters and serve staff. Drinks orders were near impossible to get filled having to ask several times for a diet coke one of our party ordered, once our initial drinks order was made, they took forever to come back to take our food order. Finally mezze starters arrived, and we enjoyed them and while deciding what main course to have, we ordered another plate of hommos and a falafel. These unfortunately never showed up, and we ended up again after waiting for more than half an hour having our entrees. On a previous friday night visit, when asking for their cocktail menu, the waiter informed us that they don't have one because their barman can make any cocktail we like, I ordered a side car, which he promptly came back to tell me that the bar man did not know how to make.

The food was good (not great), I cannot complain about that, but I was unimpressed with the service and general shabbiness of the decor. On previous visits, we had always dined at the weekends when it is bustling and busy and never really paid much attention to the delays, lack of service or attention, and the shabbiness but because it wasn't really busy these all stood out for me. On my way to the restrooms, I saw 3 platters of grilled meats sitting near the grilling station waiting to be picked up by serve staff (not even under hot lights), which stayed there for a good 5 minutes whilst I waited my turn in line to use the restroom so could see that no one came to pick them up. Whoever received that meal it must have been cold. The shabbiness of the decor and facilities is beginning to show, with broken screens, peeling doors, leaking toilets, and the grilling station is beginning to look sad indeed. This is a gem of a location and could do with a major overhaul to compete with new eateries all around catering to a young and trendy crowd.

This has been my husband's favorite place for years, and even he came out a little disappointed and said that the place seemed sad overall.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Went to Neylas with some friends during my last visit to DC. The food is always good. We ended up ordering, Mouhammara instead of baba ghannoug for a change and weren't disappointed. Lahmajeen and falafel were also good. I ordered lamb chops and they were really good- very succulent and juicy.