“Good, solid Latin food- and a lot of it!”
Review of Casa Blanca Restaurant - CLOSED

Casa Blanca Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Reviewed July 22, 2012

When we go on vacation, we like to stay away from the big chain restaurants (unless its something we can't get at home). Casa Blanca, a very small and simple Latin food place, was just the ticket.

First off, the nachos are amazing! I could have eaten them alone and I would have been supremely happy. The black beans are the best I have ever had.

The rest of our food was just as good. My sons were a little confused because this type of Latin food was not something they had every had before, but they both loved it. They really liked the Passion Fruit drinks they ordered.

I had the Arroz con Pollo, which was very authentic. The chicken was tender and the rice was flavorful (and very green from the peas).

My husband had the Chimichungas. I think this was my second favorite dish of the evening. The tortilla was so light and flaky and the filling was delicious.

My older son ordered the tacos. He is a very picky eater, so he only ate one. He gave it a "good" rating- which is really saying something.

My younger son ordered the nachos with beef. (you can never get enough nachos, apparently...) I have to say that the steak on his nachos was the hands down winner of the evening. It made me wish I had ordered something with the same steak.

The service was fast and friendly, and everything was fresh and delicious. If you are in the neighborhood- give it a try!

There are newer reviews for Casa Blanca Restaurant

Reviewed June 29, 2012

It's a very simple restaurant but the food is very good. It looks home made.
I had ceviche as main dish (is an appetizer but it's enough for a meal). It was delicious. It comes with some yucca and sweet potato.
A regular customer recommended me the fish plates. She claims that are very good.
It's a great value for money, it's very cheap.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

We wandered over to the Casa Blanca after a full day of site seeing and enjoyed some fantastic and authentic Latin food. We watched a Real Madrid game and had a couple of beers in a very relaxed atmosphere. You should try it!

Reviewed December 6, 2011

Good place to have a fast meal. Nothing fancy... But good food at a great price.

Reviewed June 19, 2011

This is the kind of gem that every city has and hides- a tiny, family-owned restaurant that serves real, fresh, food. I was very impressed, that for seven dollars, I got two cheese enchilladas and rice. It was delicious and the portions were generous! My friend, who has lived in Peru, tried a Peruvian chicken dish and said it was just like home! If you're looking for something fancy or something to impress someone, this is not your place, but if you want to go somewhere low-key with friends and enjoy a cheap, delicious meal, go for it! The service was also very good, and I loved watching the staff cheer for the soccer game along with us. A great find- I will totally go back!