“Quick, Quality Frugal Lunch...”

Haad Thai Restaurant
Ranked #802 of 3,257 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Lawrence, KS
“Quick, Quality Frugal Lunch...”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Just dined at Haad This. Found it from the Tripadvisor site and it was close. The overall experience was great. The place is clean pleasant and well maintained. I needed an early lunch and love thai so showed up at 11:15 but they didn't open till 11:30. It was worth the wait. A lunch portion curry, (green-their own recipe),hot tea made for a wonderful repast. The portions are appropriate but as I carry a very healthy appetite, I also had the Green Tea Ice cream. was also good but quite mild in flavor. Total for this was $16 and was quickly served and with polite yet unobtrusive service. I will return when in the area. All in all a Quick, quality Frugal lunch in DC.

• Visited May 2014

“Great yellow curry; unassuming atmosphere”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Haad Thai provided a pleasant dining experience for this solo business traveler. The restaurant was quiet and unassuming. The waitstaff were pleasant but not overbearing. The yellow curry dish was outstanding. One caveat: I would avoid the shiitake mushroom soup. As a lover of mushrooms, I found the texture of the mushrooms to be off-putting. I would certainly go back, though.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Go for the great food, stay for Jeab and Nion”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Terrific staff, great food, great wine--all at a reasonable cost: you'll be back again and again. Can't say enough great things about the place, and the people!

Visited April 2014
Falls Church, Virginia
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This wonderful small Thai restaurant on New York Avenue (the entrance is actually from 11th street) is well worth visiting and I know that I'll return. We had the Yum Nua for an appetizer and it was about the best preparation of that dish I have ever had - just the right amount of spiciness and the beef was very tender; for entrees we both had one of their grilled items, Gai Yang and Moo Yang, the latter being pork and it was excellent! Service was very attentive and all the staff were friendly and accommodating. Comfortable decor and reasonable prices as well; if you like well-prepared Thai food in a casual setting, you will like Haad Thai.

• Visited April 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“Happy Hour Appetizers and Friendly Service”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

The happy hour appetizers at reduced price were a real bargain and we liked every one that we ordered. My companion didn't enjoy the Miracle Whip sauce on the crab cigars, but I thought it was tasty. Others we sampled were the gyoza, spring rolls (especially good!), and the Bangkok chicken wings. We also split an order of the Shrimp and Vegetables in a light garlic sauce which had lots of Chinese broccoli. The staff was accommodating and attentive, lots of smiles and able to explain the menu items. The walls of the restaurant were painted in pleasant colors, a mural of the Thai seaside. We would go back and try other items, too.

• Visited March 2014