“Fantastic Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Corduroy

Corduroy
Reserve with OpenTable
Corduroy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 3,199 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Mount Vernon Square
Cross street: Ninth Street between L and M Streets
Transit: Mt. Vernon Square/Convention Center
Chantilly, Virginia
“Fantastic Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our evening at this restaurant. We both ordered the Five Course Tasting Menu which the Chef tailored to avoid shellfish for my husband. The flavors were exquisite and the service impeccable. I highly recommend dining at this restaurant for a special occasion.

Davis, California
“Memorable meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

One of the best meals I have had in a long time. We did the chefs tasting which is a challenge with my family. We have lots of allergies. The food was amazing and the service was attentive, friendly, and warm. Very fun getting surprised with each course and trying unusual combinations. The team of waiters made us feel like we were the only ones in the dining room, even though the restaurant was full. I hope I have the opportunity to go back.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Corduroy - Shades of Citronelle?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

This was our second visit to Corduroy (first time about 8 mos. ago), and we were greatly impressed yet again.

One of our favorite DC restaurants, Michel Richard's Citronelle, has been closed for some time, and we pine for it often. However, Chef Tom Power brings a bit of Chef Richard to his Corduroy, plus much more.

The venue is completely unassuming from the Ninth Street entrance - you do sort of need to be looking for it - but once inside you can easily see that you are in a fine-dining location. There is fine use of glass and stainless steel, but in a warm and welcoming way - not sterile as those elements can be.

From the host/hostess stand's greeting, to that of your server, it is obvious that you will be in good hands, and the kitchen follows up on that promise.

Once more, we had two guests (one from our previous visit), and ordered across the menu:

Beet & Goat Cheese Salad, and the Crab Blintz w/ Chayote Slaw, Soft-shelled Crab w/ Wilted Greens & Verjus and Peppered Rare Big Eye Tuna w/ Sushi Rice and Hijiki for my wife and me. Each dish was excellent, and the Big Eye Tuna was one of the best preps that I have had, including all over Hawai`i, by some of the top chefs in that region - not quite what I expected in Washington, DC, but a dish that I will fondly remember for a very long time, and one, by which other chefs will be judged.

Since my wife and I had been too full to order the Cheese Course at CityZen, a few nights before, we pulled out the stops, and asked the kitchen to put together a full tasting of the available cheeses. The menu stopped at six offerings, but the kitchen added the other three for us.

Coupled with a lovely bottle of Chassage-Montrachet and a half-bottle of Nuit St. George (my wife and I were the only wine drinkers in the group, though I did insist that the two guest try a sip of the Montrachet), the meal was excellent, with perfect portions. Actually, with the amuse bouche and the Cheese Course, no one was ready for dessert.

While Citronelle is no more, we DO have a worthy replacement - Corduroy!

US
“Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

A lovely evening at this "bistro" type restaurant . Delightful staff - friendly, helpful and gracious. Good food, good wine and good ambience. The perfect ingredients for a great evening. Had the soft shelled crab which was superb. Will definitely return to sample the tasting menu.

Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“Nice business dinner near Convention Center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

I chose this restaurant because it was the highest rated on TripAdvisor of the 4 in this area. We had a conference at the brand new Marriott Marquis and this was about a block (less than a block) away in an old townhouse. The service was excellent if a little slow - but this was a business dinner and we were not rushing.

There were 5 of us. Everyone loved what they had except that the woman who ordered the pork loin was not pleased that the center was not done as well as she would have liked. We understand this is how pork is being served in the trendy restaurants now but she did not care for it. I liked the crab appetizer and the salmon I had. The salmon was perfectly done - not too done - and moist. I loved the flourless chocolate cake with chocolate ice cream. Very good. The woman who had the goat cheese and beet salad was impressed with it. The man who had the antelope liked it. Really no complaints except the underdone pork loin.

This is a very nice restaurant for a business dinner. The price of the meal for 5 - we all had appetizers, entre, dessert - and we shared 2 bottles of wine - was $465 with tip.

• Visited April 2014