“This chain restaurant doesn't let you down”

The Palm Washington DC
Reserve with OpenTable
The Palm Washington DC is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #137 of 3,215 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Connecticut Ave/ K Street
Cross street: N & M Street
Transit: Metro stop on the Red Line at Dupont Circle
ohio
“This chain restaurant doesn't let you down”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I know it's a chain, but I ahve eaten at 5 or 6 Palms all over the country and every time I can't wait to go back. I am certain I'm getting a great meal, especially steak. Their salads are to die for especially the decadent blue cheese wedge salad. The filets, outstanding and service impeccible. Although there are alot of great local restaurants, you are guaranteed a great meal at The Palm. It's always a safe bet, enjoy!!

• Korean first
Florida
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The food and wine were excellent and the service was perfect. I look forward to returning!

lewes,delaware
“great time!!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Food is very good, service very good, waiters have a great attitude -- I love to spar with them over all sorts of trivial things & their combacks are great

Columbus, Mississippi
“Made our anniversary special!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Our server, John, went out of his way to make our dinner a special event. He offered us complimentary champagne, but when we told him we didn't care for it, offered us dessert instead. The food was plentiful and delicious and the service was impeccable. It's not what I'd consider a quiet, romantic spot, but it was still a wonderful place for us to celebrate.

Visited June 2012
Natick, Massachusetts
“Expensive "Institution"”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The Palm is an "institution" -- a must do-for the local pols and celebs, and many of their photos and caricatures decorate the walls (and website). My husband and I were treated to dinner here by generous friends who live in the area and who had always wanted to go.

The food was superb, but the atmosphere was very noisy, the service was average, and the prices are pretty outrageous. We're talking $45 steaks plus $16 per side dish, so I didn't even look at dessert choices, and I shudder to think of the price of the drinks! In fairness, the side dishes are designed to share, and all four of us had a generous portion of each of the two we ordered and neither was completely finished.

So, if you plan for the cost, you want to say you've been, and you look forward to possibly seeing someone famous, then go for it. Otherwise, there are plenty of choices for an excellent meal at a more reasonable price.

• Visited February 2012