“Impeccable food and service”

Marcel's by Robert Wiedmaier
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Cross street: 24th and 25th
Transit: Foggy Bottom Metro
Description: Since 1999, Chef Wiedmaier infuses his Belgian heritage into Marcel's elegant haute French flagship restaurant. Regularly topping the best-of-lists in the nation's capital, in 2011 and 2012, it was rated the top restaurant for food by Zagat as well as one of the top five restaurants for service.
Reviewed June 5, 2016

Marcel's has the most flexible menu I have ever encountered. It was such a treat having the freedom to order any number of dishes from 4 to 8, in any order we wanted it to be served, and we can repeat a dish as many times as we want. What an ingenious concept. My family can't wait to come back and try the other dishes. One of the best meals we've had in D.C.
Our server was the best. Our dining experience was made so much better because of him.

Date of visit: April 2016

Reviewed May 30, 2016 via mobile

Expensive, beautiful food. It is quiet and gracious, with waiters who put your napkin in your lap. You can order a la carte or from the tasting menu with 4, 5, 6, or 7 items of your choice; the menu varies. Everything is gorgeous, complex, delicious. It's hard to single out anything, but the duck, filet, and rabbit on a recent visit were amazing. Desserts are also wonderful, with interplaying textures and flavors.

Reviewed May 28, 2016

This was by far one of the best dinners I have had anywhere (including at Michelin 3 star restaurants). There was not a single misstep the entire evening. The service was welcoming - not at all stuffy. We had the seven course meal and we were able to choose whatever we wanted from the menu - we did not have to choose one course from each grouping. This is an excellent choice for any special occasion. I would love to eat here again when I go back to Washington DC.

Reviewed May 26, 2016

I'm an Event Director, a foodie and I'm spoiled by the perks of my profession. Really I don't need nor want anything "fancy" for the sake of being fancy. I love good food, fresh ingredients, well thought out menus and fabulous service. Marcels embodied all of the above. Mature, experienced wait staff can make or break a meal and they have it down to a science.... witty, attentive and knowledgeable. The food, the main attraction is amazing! Mussels fondue, scallops, turbot, filet, bison, pasta and chocolate molten cake and praline ice cream all AMAZING!

For a special evening or just an unexpected treat. Do yourself a favor and go!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed May 22, 2016 via mobile

Had an excellent meal at Marcel's. The food was delicious, the decor is very nice and the staff is attentive. Each course was excellent. It's a pricey meal, but is definitely worth it.