“Great Food”

Marcel's by Robert Wiedmaier
Reserve with OpenTable
Marcel's by Robert Wiedmaier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 3,322 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: 24th and 25th
Transit: Foggy Bottom Metro
Description: Since 1999, Chef Wiedmaier infuses his Belgian heritage into Marcel's elegant haute French flagship restaurant. Regularly topping the best-of-lists in the nation's capital, in 2011 and 2012, it was rated the top restaurant for food by Zagat as well as one of the top five restaurants for service.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Service is impecable terrific. The wine steward the best he is very funny to and nice. French and Italian make wonderful dishes, I hope to see you soon.

1  Thank simon a

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I went here with a friend while on a holiday in NY/DC. I calle dup first to enquire about dress code, as my friend was wearing jeans, and they said that they did not accept jeans. One very quick visit to Macy's later, we arrived at the restaurant and were shown to our seats in a nice cosy corner.

We opted for the set menu, at $105 per person for 5 courses. The majority of the course were fine, except for one of my course which was, I think, supposed to be some kind of poultry, but it had the texture of an incredibley mature, overcooked chicken goujon with lots of fat on it. The other courses were splendid. I had a chocolate trio for my sweet course, which just sent me over the edge. Amazing! We had a very good bottle of wine between us and finished the evening off with a cocktail.

Despite being a top restaurant, the waiting staff were so very nice and helpful. At the end of the evening, one of the waiters, who was from Spain, asked me about my accent and I said that I was from London. He wished me luck in Euro 2012 and, seeing as I had consumed quite a bit of alcohol at this time, I asked him if he was taking the pee.

Anyway, great restaurant and will definitely go again.

2  Thank chrissiij
Reviewed May 29, 2013

From the decor, to the waitstaff, and the cuisine, this restaurant is delicious old school french. You choose as many courses as you want and every dish was outstanding. Our waiter Jonathan was a character and we loved every minute of our conversations with him. His reccomendations were spot on. We brought in 2 old bordeaux's with a $25.00 corkage - what a bargain!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I were visiting DC for a long weekend in March and decided to try Marcel's, just to be a little decadent. Well it was exactly my kind of restaurant. We were introduced to the maitre d, Jonathan, and I knew immediately that it was going to be a great night. He has a hilarious sense of humor and amazing people skills. He explained the concept of the menu to us, which is like no other restaurant I have been to. He made some great suggestions and we were really excited to start sampling all of the cool and inventive things on the menu. We loved it all and even the wine was fantastic. Jonathan didn't turn his nose up at us when we ordered one of the more reasonably priced wines, and he even delivered a plate of complimentary petit fours after the dessert. We both left with goofy smiles plastered on our faces and we were so happy we tried this place. We will return when back in DC!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

If you like French cuisine, this is the place for you. The food was outstanding with four, five,or six courses to choice. You could mix or match to meet your needs. The pre-fix theater meal is a steal. The bison and duck was mouthwatering. The service matched the food. We enjoyed the décor and ambiance the restaurant offered. Overall a really good night at Marcel's