“Great meal for a special occasion”

Marcel's by Robert Wiedmaier
Reserve with OpenTable
Marcel's by Robert Wiedmaier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 3,485 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: 24th and 25th
Transit: Foggy Bottom Metro
Description: Since 1999, Chef Wiedmaier infuses his Belgian heritage into Marcel's elegant haute French flagship restaurant. Regularly topping the best-of-lists in the nation's capital, in 2011 and 2012, it was rated the top restaurant for food by Zagat as well as one of the top five restaurants for service.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My friend recommended Marcel’s to me, after he took his fiancée there for her birthday dinner. I looked up the restaurant and read the raving reviews and decided to take my husband there for his birthday dinner. The food, ambience, and service was outstanding. Yes, it is pricey which is why I recommend it for a very special occasion. We each got four courses and our waiter provided us with recommendations. His selections were excellent. I had the foie gras as one of my courses, which is a few dollars more but well worth it. We passed on the dessert and cheese plate since I had a home baked cake for my husband as our after dinner treat. I mentioned this to the waiter and to our surprise, at the end of the meal he brought us a complimentary plate of 4 mini desserts/sweets to wish my husband a happy birthday. It was very thoughtful of Youness (our server) and we appreciated his outstanding service. Badu also served us, and he did a great job ensuring that our glasses were always full. We will definitely be back here to celebrate another special occasion in the future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great food, has a southern, French theme, also American contemporary. Great for dinner, lunch, and for dates.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Goodness, what a night! We thoroughly enjoyed the prix fixe, especially how flexible it was in allowing to select more than one choice from each section. Our sommelier was amazing and hooked us up with some of the best wines we've ever enjoyed at a prix fixe.

Everything was wonderful---the dishes were exquisitely prepared and delicious, the wine was to.die.for, and the service impeccable. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had a great dinner there over the holidays. The food was terrific and we loved our waiter! At first we were concerned it was going to be one of those over fancy, over priced and a bit boring French food restaurants. But no. There was some interesting items on the menu.

1  Thank lovesDC
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The food was good but I would not say there was much value added to this restaurant. With wine and tip, our bill was $750. I can think of many other restuarants that were half the price for even better food. The food was very rich, so if you're not accustomed to rich food, stay away. Our server was excellent, but the head supervisor left much to be desired. We will not return.

3  Thank borntotravel64