“Good ("healthy") food!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I really liked this place for lunch and breakfast. They had healthy options that I really enjoyed. I had the Farmer's Scrambler for breakfast, which I enjoyed. The was mushrooms and peppers cooked with the eggs -loved the mix! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was calm and easy-going. Just a great place for breakfast!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stopped two mornings in a row for a quick bite to eat before heading out for the day. We actually stopped on Sunday too but they were closed. I had steelcut oatmeal while my husband had an egg panini. We took fresh cinnamon pecan rugalach's for the road. Since we donated a dollar to help feed hungry children we were given a whoopie pie and a coupon to come back for another. So of course we did. The Corner Bakery has lots of baked goods and other items to choose from. Everything we tried was baked fresh and tasted fabulous along with being promptly served. I'd definitely go back!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Went there for breakfast every day!!!! Great paninis and the smoothies are to die for. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Staying just a block away in an overpriced hotel, the Corner Bakery was an oasis of good taste, friendly service, and comfortable surroundings. The service on 4 consecutive mornings was fast and efficient. I'm a big fan of baked goods made with butter and that's the only way they do it there, from the croissants to the chocolate chip cookies and more. They don't charge any extra to make your eggs with egg whites and drink refills are available at no extra charge. The staff seemed to be universally friendly and my seemingly complicated order never seemed to be a problem to them. The line to be served moved quickly and the food is brought to your table not long after you are seated. I am a picky consumer but found this place to be, well - nearly perfect! It is a great value for good food!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

If you've been to a corner bakery, this one was typical. The service at this location was rather poor. The girl at the counter was very rude. I had to remind her 3 times that I would like my order "to go". The gentleman at the prep counter was very friendly, however. The food was yummy. I had ordered a mozzerella & tomato sandwich and they were great with remembering to leave off the peppers. They also added silverware with my order. Typically, something the one in Chicago forgets. So, I was pleased.