“great Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Transit: Three blocks from foggy bottom and farragut west Metro stations
Venice, Italy
“great Italian food”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

good service and great Italian food.
the portions are pretty big and everything tastes like homemade.
really pleased with the choice.

Visited November 2012

Annandale, Virginia
“I have never had less than a delicious meal here!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Primi piatti is just down the street from my office, so is often the choice for a nice dinner with friends and colleagues. The restaurant is elegant, cozy and quiet. The waitstaff are all professionals.. refined, unobtrusive and efficient, without being uptight. Every meal I have ever gotten here has been delicious to spectacular... ingredients are fresh, and the food is cooked and seasoned perfectly. Always.

Last month I had lunch with a friend, and we split two things.. I got the squid ink pasta and he got a pizza.. I had never had a pizza here before, but it lived up to my expectation of excellence.

This is a restaurant you should visit when you have time to enjoy a nice bottle of wine, and really savor your meal.

• Visited October 2012
Bishop, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My meal was cold!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The food was tasty, but cold. I had the leg of lamb and it was really tough. I much preferred the taste and freshness of the food at our excellent Hotel Lomabardy, only two doors away.

Visited October 2012
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“great Italian food in a beautiful setting”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The food was wonderful and the service very attentive. We sat in the front bar area which was lovely, but very quiet for a Saturday night. The ambiance probably would have been better in the back, main restaurant area.

Visited October 2012
London, UK
“Good food, slow service”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

On a recdent trip to DC, having looked in my guide book for Italian restaurants, we decided this one didnt look too expensive and the review of the food was good. When we arrived, we were immediately seated and given our menus. The server asked us if we wanted water, to which we said yes, while we looked at what wine we wanted to order. A different server came to give us our water, when we asked him if we could order wine, he looked a bit confused then went to try and find someone else, I'm not sure if he spoke English. Eventually someone came over to take our wine order, and we also ordered our food.

My friends and I all agreed the food was really good, but it just took ages to get anything ordered. If you're not in a rush, then it might be worth a visit.

• Visited September 2012