“Excellent choice”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Transit: Three blocks from foggy bottom and farragut west Metro stations
Bucharest, Romania
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I have been to Primi Piatti for a business lunch with my colleagues. It's a nice place with good food, fresh fish from neighbour Cheeasapeake Bay and not over and kind staff. Wine list was comprehensive. Rock fish with asparagus and zucchini salat were amaizing. Coffee was Italian.

• Visited August 2012

Maryland
“Try the black ink pasta!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I went here for lunch because I had a coupon. This was my first visit, but I'll be back. It's walking distance of the DC subway.

There was no butter or olive oil for the bread. Instead, they provided what appeared to be a spread of minced olives. I'm not a big olive fan, but it was ok.

I had the wild greens salad and the black ink pasta with shrimp and crab. While the pasta had only 3 shrimp, there was shredded crab meat throughout and the dish was very tasty. My husband had the mussels appetizer which were in a tomato based sauce. His entree was rockfish filet on a bed of green beans.

We both thought the food/service were very good and the portions were adequately sized. We did not have dessert.

Washington, DC has a number of very good/excellent Italian resturants and this is definitely one of them. I've also heard that a magician performs at dinner on certain nights.

• Visited August 2012
Newport, Rhode Island
“Needs new blood”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

South American chef/cook in a very expensive Italian restaurant, does not work. Our pasta's were very mediocre, I would not be surprised if they were bought (frozen) They used to have fantastic veal, veal chops etc. now scallopini tastes like pork and is dry and overcooked. Too bad used to be a great place

Visited June 2012
Ewing, NJ
“Risotto to die for”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Dined with wife and daughter during trip to visit colleges in DC. We had eaten here a few years back and wanted to come again for the risotto (which came highly recommended). Made at your table in a wheel of cheese we decided to split an order three ways for appetizer and it was amazing! We would come back just to try it again but the overall meal was a bit pricey but very good. Osso bucco was tender and tasty, the marrow delicious. Bronzini was cooked perfectly and lightly seasoned with veggies. Great itailian near Foggy Bottom.

Visited July 2012
Boise, Idaho
“Good Eating”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I dined here solo one night on a recent trip to Washington D.C. It was located right next door to the hotel that I was staying in. The staff could not have treated me better. I opted to have three appetizers as my meal. I had roasted peppers and fresh mozzarella, a tuna and avocado dish and also beef carpaccio (one of my favorites). The winner of the three dishes was the roasted peppers and fresh mozzarella. I then "treated" myself to their chocolate hazelnut cake...it was beyond delicious. It was pricey but I was expecting this. This is a nice restaurant for a special occasion.

• Visited June 2012