“A bit of Spice in Washington DC”
Review of Cafe Citron

Cafe Citron
Ranked #1,222 of 3,463 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Connecticut Ave/ K Street
Transit: across dupont circle metro southside exit red line
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This place is fun with lively staff, great drinks and an amazing happy hour/tapas special. Too bad there is only music on the weekends as we went there in search of a little dancing which we'll have to get in next time!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

The food here is good (I've had great shrimp, and the fried plantains come with a really yummy dip) and so are the drinks. Highly recommend going for happy hour when drinks (including pitchers of strong mojitos etc) are significantly reduced and there are food specials, too. They even have a Saturday night happy hour. Gets pretty loud/crowded later when it's more of a club scene.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Here's how this rolls out. You go there early, and you have a conversation and get liquified from Brazilian drinks. You have something to eat, but you don't quite recall what the next day. As the hours go by, or if you go late, the place becomes a club resplendent with DJ and mind numbingly loud music. More Brazilian drinks.

Your call.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

The concierge at our hotel recommended Cafe Citron as a good place for drinks and dancing for all ages (21 and over). We popped in and, sure enough, the crowd ranged from 21 - 50+, and the atmosphere was very lively and friendly. We only had the mojitos, as far as drinks/food are concerned, but I can definitely recommend them. Great dance music, with a definite preference for Latin music. We had a blast.

1  Thank Wildonva01
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I was in the Dupont Circle area and stumbled into this joint because of the large bouncer at the door. He smiled and invited me in. Am I glad I did. Jen at the bar was very freindly and I ended up having 5 Mango Mojitos, some Chicken Empanadas, and a Habanero Steak with Rice and Salad. Not only was the food good, but, Jen was so personable and freindly. I love it when a bartender grabs on of your cookies (Tim Tams) delicious, it was her first time trying them too! The area was alternative and there where people of all types meeting there for happy hour (it is a religion in DC). thanks for the great time! I will visit there again when I am in town!

1  Thank cottoneyedjoe314