“A poor option when there are so many other choices”

Cities Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #2,406 of 3,341 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: K Street
Transit: Metro Line exit Farragut West
Reviewed March 8, 2014

From a half-hearted waitstaff to simply unappealing fare, I won't be returning. We tried a "sushi roll", a salad and "peking duck pockets". Elements of some were simply unappetizing.

1  Thank Sally F

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We were trying to find an alternative place to Elephant & Castle. We were looking for a quite place where we could chat with a friend that was visiting the city. The Cities has a nice decor and the music is not too loud. We could get a table.
The only issue is the very low quality of the red and white house wine. I couldn't even finish it. And I felt sick after I had just a little of it. Besides this it's a nice place. Avoid the house wine and it would be fine.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I've been there quite a few times and the food has been consistently good. Try the salmon or the flatbread; the peking duck flatbread is unusual and tasty and you won't get it anywhere else. When I just want drinks, I go there on Wednesday evenings to avail of the bottles of wine at half price. The waiters are friendly and the atmosphere is warm. It is a business restaurant which is not stuffy.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Have been to this DC 'happy houur' bar many times, as my office is a few blocks away. During the day and early evening it's nice - reasonable drink specials and very attentative staff. But the few times I and my friends have been there after around 9pm we've always got incredibly bad service - the last time around 10pm we were in a virtually deserted bar and one of the doormen pretty much ordered us to vacate our chairs.

I would not recommended after 'happy hour' hours.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was invited to a business lunch meeting. Service was great, food was good and a very nice decor.

I had the Caesar salad with salmon - yum - yum. I will be back.