“Great for family gathering”
Review of M & S Grill

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: F St
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Came here with out of state family and it was perfect. Server left us alone as we were busy catching up and so was the waiter w/ too many busy tables. Everyone enjoyed their plates....

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I dined at the 600 13th Street NW location. The crab cake appetizer and the mixed greens salad were wonderful. Unfortunately the service was very bad. There was enough time to memorize the menu prior to the waiter arriving and taking my drink order. Since I had just walked several blocks, I asked for ice water with lemon. Approximately 20 min later, the waiter brought water with no lemon. He did however get my food order correct and was more prompt in processing my payment.

1  Thank Diane_1964
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Am a long-time fan of McCormick & Schmick's but never knew they had a little brother, the M & S Grill offering a similar menu (with more grilled choices) but in a more casual setting. Had dinner there and looks like it's a luncheon venue as seating was plentiful. Food was outstanding: Blacken Chicken Linguini, Blackened Tilapia, Grilled Asparagus. Oh, this was the 13th Street location.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was pleasing surprised to get such a delicious meal, excellent wine selection and wonderful service as we did at M & S Grille.
Baked Cod is as good as in Boston and the Cape served with flavorful Cous Cous. Enjoy the great location around many hotels.

2  Thank WFlyfisher
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Working downtown and having eaten here before for lunch, I only raised my expectation level up a "1/2 notch" by taking a chance on dinner. As a solo diner, I was pleased being lead to a window table only to be seated right in front of the server's station (the constant restocking of silverware was a little nerve wracking). Then to find out I had pulled up the menu for the "9th and F Street" location instead of the "13th and F" Street location (website is not specific) so therefore the menu items I had come in salivating for (Fried Oysters w/ Tabasco Aoili and Swordfish Casino) did not exist @ 13th Street. After much uncharacteristic menu indecisiveness, I "settled" (figuratively AND literally) on the Lobster Bisque and Mixed Grill. I will have to give props to the soup; the waiter presented a large bowl with 4 small garlic croutons which served as the base for the generous portion of lobster meat. The server then poured the bisque into the bowl around the lobster. Bisque was flavorful and just the right temperature. The Mixed Grill was a mixed bag of disappointment; beef medallions requsted medium came out well done with a mere trace of pink; the salmon portion was about the size of a post-it note and the THREE shrimp were pinky sized at best. My server must have been new; not only did he have to go and ask what Swordfish Romanesco was (I teased him about being late for the pre-shift meeting), he never quoted any of the specials, one of which at least sounded better than what I had ordered. Had I not been going to a show at the Warner (which obviously attributed to the full restaurant and slower than normal service), I would have sent my meal back to be prepared to my requested specifications. Overall, this less than enjoyable experience was my fault and my fault alone; they say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results. I guess that must also apply to dining at M&S Grill.