“Sunday Brunch”
Review of Georgia Brown's

Georgia Brown's
Reserve with OpenTable
Georgia Brown's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 3,229 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: Between K and I Streets
Transit: We are conveniently located near the McPherson Square metro station on the orange and blue lines. Exit the metro at Vermont Avenue and walk one-half block North on 15th Street. Traveling on the red line stop at Farragut North. Walk two blocks east on K Street. Turn right at the corner of 15th and K. We are mid-way through the block on the right.
Description: Come and experience our lively interpretation of South Carolina Low-Country cuisine. Enjoy good southern food, servers who bubble over with hospitality, and a dining room that is truly distinctive. With its honey-colored walls, golden woods and bronze sculptures that crawl across the ceiling, designer Adam Tihany has created an atmosphere to awaken your senses. What better place to enjoy low country cuisine than in this contemporary environment celebrating the south. Offering the flavor of the South - the Soul of Washington; where we will be sure to leave a light burning in the window for you, our guests. Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gbrowns Visit our Facebook page: www.georgiabrowns.com/facebook
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Sunday Brunch is by far the best by far. The brunch includes breakfast and lunch all in one sitting. The grits is the best, I have had and I am from the south so I know my grits. I have carried a lot of different friend to Sunday Brunch.

• Korean first
Tubingen, Germany
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Food tastes great, excellent fish (I had red trout aon lentils), nice people, good service, reasonable prices

• Visited February 2013
New York, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thought I was in for some good soul food”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We visited Georgia Brown's during Inaugural Weekend. First, upon checking their site before leaving NY there was no sign of an Inaugural Pre Fix but when we arrived there was. We were charged $55 pp for an appetizer, entree, and desert. When I arrive to what is supposed to be a good Restaurant I expect the aroma of good food to meet me at the door, not a dirty mop or carpet smell. Don't they watch Restaurant: Impossible, If not, perhaps they should.

I will give it to them, the Cornmeal Crusted Catfish strips were great and thank goodness because everything else got progressively worse from there.

I had the chicken, mashed potato's, and collard greens. That would not have been my first choice but everything either had pork in it or paired with something I didn't like. The chicken came white meat only. The mashed potatoes were HORRIBLE, no flavor and not even a pinch of salt. The greens were so mushy a baby could have eaten them without a problem.

My husband had the lamb chops, let's just say the portion was tiny and the chops also lacked a little salt and pepper.

The deserts, YUCK! The red velvet cake should be removed from the menu I cannot believe they served it. As for the banana pudding cake, who has ever heard of such. If you are going to add a twist to an old classic it should at least taste good.

I do not mind tipping, however, if you are going to add a 20% gratuity, the service should be impeccable. We had to look for our waiter on more then one occasion. He was clearly overwhelmed.

Finally, don't get me wrong, I know soul food is not limited to African Americans, but, can we get just a little color in the kitchen. Since when has soul food become a Mexican cuisine!

I've heard that they've done better but you couldn't prove it by us.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank CMR139
Chicago, Illinois
“SO. FREAKIN. GOOD.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

They had a prix fixed menu when we were there (really wish they told me this when I made the reservations, but we were there on a special weekend.) That being said, everything was mind-blowing good. It was pretty packed and we had a great server. Gorgeous decor, but to me, it's all about the food. I had the mac and cheese with crab and shrimp and hubby had fried chicken. These are their two top dishes and yeah, it's that good. I had the catfish fingers (think chicken fingers) and I crave that already.

Visited January 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Soul Food Elegance”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended by a friendof mine and it did not disappoint. The catfish is soooo delicious. I love when restaurants put forth effort on presentation! The fried green tomatoes were incredible! My stuffed shrimp shrimp dish was very yummy. My hubby had gumbo and it was just okay. We had the chocolate pecan pie for dessert and it was too warmed. I felt it list its form and flavor because it was warmed too much. Finally, do not miss your blessing by passing on the sweet tea. I dreamt about the tea last night! Our server was so incredible. He was attentive and patient. You will enjoy your experience!l Loved it!