“Great Atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Georgia Brown's

Georgia Brown's
Reserve with OpenTable
Georgia Brown's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 3,189 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: Between K and I Streets
Transit: We are conveniently located near the McPherson Square metro station on the orange and blue lines. Exit the metro at Vermont Avenue and walk one-half block North on 15th Street. Traveling on the red line stop at Farragut North. Walk two blocks east on K Street. Turn right at the corner of 15th and K. We are mid-way through the block on the right.
Description: Come and experience our lively interpretation of South Carolina Low-Country cuisine. Enjoy good southern food, servers who bubble over with hospitality, and a dining room that is truly distinctive. With its honey-colored walls, golden woods and bronze sculptures that crawl across the ceiling, designer Adam Tihany has created an atmosphere to awaken your senses. What better place to enjoy low country cuisine than in this contemporary environment celebrating the south. Offering the flavor of the South - the Soul of Washington; where we will be sure to leave a light burning in the window for you, our guests. Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gbrowns Visit our Facebook page: www.georgiabrowns.com/facebook
Ontario
“Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

We ate there twice while visiting Washington. On the Saturday night we had to eat at the bar, as it was packed, very lively and fun. Music was good. The food was very good and served promptly considering how busy it was. By sitting at the bar we got talking to other patrons, which was lots of fun, as we were from other countries and mixed with "locals" who were regular customers there.

• Visited September 2012

• Korean first
South Bound Brook, New Jersey
“Mediocre Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

This highly recomended restaurant just a couple of blocks from the White House does not live upto expectations. The Menu sounds very Southern even looks good but falls way short on flavour and execution. The food is so bland and tasteless, and to be able to make southern food tasteless and soulless is not easy, but they seem to be able to pull it off at Georgia Brown. My wife and I were in DC for a special weekend and wanted to have a nice dining experience but were let down at this place...we had the Fried Chicken Livers - they tasted raw on the inside but the batter was super crispy and oily, cant imagine how they managed both. My wife ordered the Perlau - mediocre flavours, not spicy at all and I ordered some shrimp dish which was so cheesy and bland that I can't remember the name of the dish - it was quite forgetful. It was sad to see that the portion sizes were inversely proportional to the flavours...so we were left with these huge portions that we just did not like, and I hate wasting food..what with our dwindling food resources on an international scale....I did not enjoy this situation at all. The saving grace for Georgia Browns is that they have a nice Jazz band, and the Corn Bread is not bad. If you are looking for authentic Southern Cuisine this is not the place. At least, I've had better food at Charleston and New Orleans...

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
“Lower music to allow conversation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Had Sunday brunch with girlfriends. This was our holiday outing and a chance to catch up. The idea of a jazz brunch sounded nice and the musicians were very good. Unfortunately, the only time we could have a conversation was when the musicians took a break. So, I would not recommend the jazz brunch for those who want to be able to have a conversation.

They were crowded which probably caused the slow service. On the other hand, the food was tasty with a good selection of standard fare brunch items. The grits were outstanding. The food is southern style, but I was surprised that they did not have more basic southern desserts.

The Sunday brunch buffet is pricey at approx $40, but they offer something that I have not seen anywhere else, which is a meal to go. Towards the end of your meal, customers can order a meal to take home. That makes the $40 price tag a little more palatable.

All in all.... the food was good, downtown location is convenient and near metro (they offer $10 valet parking), and the ambiance is good. It's a good restaurant with southern style food. I would not go to the jazz brunch again because the music was too loud.

1 Thank mai2centsworth
London
“Not up to the hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

We went to this restaurant with friends who live in DC and wanted an excuse to try this restaurant, we thought it would ge good to try Southern food as not something we get easily London. The restaurant was very busy and our table wasn't ready for the time we had reserved it, so not a good start. Waiter was cheerful and helpful, but the food and wine was disappointing. Wine was expensive for the choice available, and food wasn't as good as we were expecting.

Valdosta, Georgia
“Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Had brunch Sunday at Georgia's Brown. My first thought was this is really expensive for a buffet, but the food, desert and jazz band made it all worth it. I really liked the fact that you get to take your entree with you because there is no way you could eat that after eating the buffet. I am from the South and the grits on the buffet were the best grits I've ever put in my mouth! The vey best part of lunch was the amazing jazz band! This is not something I would do often if I lived in DC, but Georgia Brown's is going to be a must for anytime I've visiting!