“Food was good, but overall not loyal to customers”

Gordon Biersch Brewing Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Gordon Biersch Brewing Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #408 of 3,484 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 1st Street
Transit: Navy Yard Metro
Description: At Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant, our passion is to produce and deliver to our guests the highest quality and freshest products. Our tradition of on-site brewing and food made fresh, from scratch, are the most evident examples of this passion. Our restaurant and people offer a relaxed and inviting atmosphere, attentive and friendly service, fresh food carefully and creatively prepared, specially brewed beers and other fine beverages. We feel it is this combination of elements that make a great dining experience possible. The Gordon Biersch heritage of superior beer, great food and good times are now served up fresh daily in locations stretching coast to coast. Committed to using only the freshest and finest ingredients, our restaurant showcases a passion for food with seasonal menus, daily specials and frequent changes to the regular menu. Our restaurant is located at the Navy Yard Metro station and 1 block from the Washington Nationals Baseball Stadium.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We joined their "loyalty club" but was extremely disappointed to find out that a birthday coupon would not be honored for lunch because the meal was being "carried out" (back to my office). This is a trivial thing, and I understand they used the coupon to lure me in so they could up-sell me and get tip money, but the coupon was supposed to be a "reward" for giving them my email address. I didn't feel rewarded and decided to remove my email and my business. They weren't loyal to me.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I'd been wanted to go to Gordon Biersch for awhile because I pass by it all the time and the building is absolutely stunning: huge, open marble interior. It just looked like the food would be great. I went with some friends for some beer and dinner. The drinks were great, but the food was no better than what you would find at Applebee's. It was pretty disappointing. I recommend going there for the bar, but not for a meal, especially since there are so many better food choices in the area for a similar price.

I blogged about my experience there if you want to see some pictures of the food and get more of my thoughts: http://hungry-games.com/2013/01/08/gordon-biersch-brewery-washington-dc-go-for-the-beer-not-for-the-food/

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The space Gordon Biersch occupies is beautiful. It is truly a unique place for a restaurant. The food, unfortuantely is not so unique. Nothing on the menu has really jumped out at me, and I have been many times as it was close to my office and had big tables in order to hold a business, or working lunch. The entrees seem uninspired and generally under-seasoned, even after trying many different things on the menu. Now that I have moved offices, I do not see the need to go back.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The food we had was very good! Interesting setting and very friendly and nice staff. The brewery attached to the restaurant makes it very unique from a normal restaurant!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The food is average if you like run of the mill chain type food. The service at the Tysons Corner restaurant is awful and unpleasant. We do not go there anymore.