“Great food and brew”

Gordon Biersch Brewing Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Gordon Biersch Brewing Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #260 of 3,298 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 1st Street
Transit: Navy Yard Metro
Description: At Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant, our passion is to produce and deliver to our guests the highest quality and freshest products. Our tradition of on-site brewing and food made fresh, from scratch, are the most evident examples of this passion. Our restaurant and people offer a relaxed and inviting atmosphere, attentive and friendly service, fresh food carefully and creatively prepared, specially brewed beers and other fine beverages. We feel it is this combination of elements that make a great dining experience possible. The Gordon Biersch heritage of superior beer, great food and good times are now served up fresh daily in locations stretching coast to coast. Committed to using only the freshest and finest ingredients, our restaurant showcases a passion for food with seasonal menus, daily specials and frequent changes to the regular menu. Our restaurant is located at the Navy Yard Metro station and 1 block from the Washington Nationals Baseball Stadium.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This restaurant is in the building occupied by the Marriott Courtyard Convention Center hotel. I ate there twice during my stay and was pleased with meals and service, especially during my second visit.

I started with their seasonal Winterbock beer. It was very good and had a bit of a kick to it, considering the 9% ABV. One was my limit that night. My meal was another seasonal special, the "English Breakfast Salad," which was very good. The Winterbock talked me into dessert, a slice of pumpkin cheescake. I was especially pleased with Chris, my server. he was very attentive and personable.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I lived in Germany for 2 years, so when I visited my brother in DC I picked this place to meet. The beer is...awesome! Yes, a German would enjoy this beer. If you enjoy Budweiser, this is not for you...German beer is heavier, but so much tastier. The food was good, great complement to the beer.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The food is excellent. The beers are delicious. The choices are difficult because each beer is interesting on its own. Service is excellent.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Only wish they wouldn't run out of the sliders. Seems every time I go there theyu never have them. Who does the ordering for this place? Wimpy?

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This place was picked out for us. Interior is OK, but is a meager attempt at at remodeling an old bank interior. Food was great. Appetizers were better than the entree. The tables and could use an upgrade. The service was terrific; we had to order for 14 people and be served, eat, pay and make the spy museum in 50 minutes. Our waiter was Marcus, he was professional and thorough and he did he did get us out of there in 50 minutes. I did not get to sample there microbrews, but they back up there service with samplers if you ask them. All in all, this was a good place to eat while touring DC on a Sunday afternoon. I would recommend it if you have the the cash.