“Good ambiance, bad service.”

Ozio Martini & Cigar Lounge
Ranked #1,582 of 3,292 Restaurants in Washington DC
Good for: Business meetings
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I gave this a 4 simply due to the location, the three levels and the ambiance. Very nice, after hours chic. Somewhat upscale; noticed many men in business suits who obviously came after work. Don't see that where I'm from. Good music. However, the waitress would disappear for long periods of time. Had to ask for water twice. As we were leaving, we found out that she'd accidentally given one woman another woman's credit card. She had already left, and my cousin forgot to call her. She went on to charge other things the next day and didn't realize she'd gotten the wrong card back until she tried using the debit. Absolutely check your credit card before leaving this place; make sure they gave you the right one back. That experience alone is the reason for the low ratings.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I attended a Happy Hour Birthday party that was hosted on the rooftop. I ordered food and gave the server my credit card. We sent the crabcake sandwich back because it tasted awful. I told the server I was ready to settle my bill and she had already charged my card and did not make the adjustment ( minus the crabcake). She went back, made the adjustment and then charged my card again. I spoke with the manager who said that he reversed the charges and never did. I called in the next day to have this rectified. The manager I talked to promised that my card would be credited. No actions have been taken. So..not only was I overcharged, the service was bad and the food was bad too. The atmosphere was nice, but Ozio will never see my face again....until I go get my refund.

1  Thank MrsRowRowRowYurBoat
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We are never going back to Ozio.  We had a birthday party at the Saturday day party at Ozio.  We reserved a table and bottle service. We had a great time...and had fond memories UNTIL we saw the WRONG charge to our credit card a day later.   We were overcharged.  Our deal to have our party at Ozio was 2 bottles for $300, We ordered two bottles and Ozio charged us $240 per bottle ($480) and on top of that added on $140 tip!!!!  So yes you added correctly, we were charged over $600 for our *$300* table. What's even more of a slap in the face is the (well over 20%) $140 tip that was added.

Mistakes happen, so the next day we decided to set up a meeting with one of Ozio's managers (Jeri) to talk about it.  We were nice about it.  Jeri led us to believe that she would take care of it, refund the added charges and bogus tip.  Well, no she didn't do a thing.  Ultimately, she completely blew us off, and never refunded the money.  We tried reaching out to her again, and she has not responded AT ALL.

We are now submitting a dispute with the credit card company, and will take this as far as we need to in order to get our money back.  This kind of business practice is unacceptable, pathetic, and we are not going to bend over and take it.  Sorry, not gonna happen.

So, we are never going there again...and we plan to tell friends, family, bums on the street, and whoever else we can get to listen about our disappointing experience with Ozio and its management.  Jeri, if you read this review, we are STILL WAITING for that refund or at least a phone call with a status update. It's the decent thing to do. Thanks.

4  Thank missgrf
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This venue is awesome. Basically, it's huge so it can suit any of your needs. If you want to smoke a cigar or hookah, enjoy a GREAT variety of martinis, or just hang out and vibe on a cool DC rooftop, Ozio's allows you the option. Did I mention the martinis are phenomenal?! I recommend it if you are in the DC area.

www.oziodc.com/

Reviewed June 14, 2012

the venue as such is quite ok, but the staff is not exactly friendly. from the bouncers to the bar folks, i didn't feel welcome at all.

they are very focused on the people who have reserved a table. but if i spend a few hundred dollars at the bar, throughout the evening, i would expect some kind of appreciation too.

it's a pity, once again a place where the staff spoils the experience...