“Well worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Meiwah

Meiwah
Ranked #434 of 3,196 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic pad thai and wantons. The asparagus with shrimp and scallops were incredible. Friendly, fast, and professional all the way around. Active, safe area.

1 Thank Paul U

Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
“Good food, good service...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

The menu was typical of any good chinese menu: huge choice and great variety. Meiwah is no exception! The service was very good and the food was served attractively and hot. I enjoyed my meal!

Visited March 2014
Global traveller
“Quick bite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I wanted a decent meal without it taking hours. This place met the bill. Filled with locals and Asians alike. Menu sufficiently diverse but equally not overly extensive to question the ability of the chef to cook the range. Waiter was attentive and happy to explain the more unusually named dishes. Good take away option as well.

Zurich, Switzerland
“Bustling Chinese restaurant with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

This is a bustling Chinese restaurant with good food. The service was fast, perhaps a bit rushed, but on the whole it was a good meal. The chicken with black bean sauce was very nice.

• Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
“OK for Takeout”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stopped here for dinner takeout on my way back to my hotel. I have been craving Chinese for a few days now and ordered my favorite dish of seafood pan fried noodles. I had mixed feelings about it. I agree with others that the quality of the food is not comparable to the price although keep in mind that DC is pricey in general and most of the restaurants in the area where this restaurant is located in are much pricier. I cannot comment on the ambience.or the service (although I do appreciate they have a separate side for take out orders so you are not akwardly hanging out by the bar waiting for your take out order). Here is what I ordered:

Seafood Pan Fried Noodles. This was Average to be average.

With regards to the overall taste the best part of this dish was the broccoli and carrots. The shrimp was good as well. Otherwise it lacked in flavor and the noodles were more like packaged store ramen then anything else. I was a bit disappointed.

Meat Spring Rolls. Very Good.

They redeemed themselves with the spring rolls. These were very tasty and I would definitely order them again. They were meaty (not just a bunch of cabbage that you might see at other chinese restaurant). They were a bit greasy but it is a fried appetizer so I suppose it should be expected.

Overall the food was not bad however I had higher expectations. Until I come across another option I would stop here again if it is on the way however I am sure there are better Chinese restaurants in DC that one can visit.

• Visited January 2014