“Just what I needed”

Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Lauderhill, Florida
“Just what I needed”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Outstanding service and food. Very close to the hotel. Just what I needed after a long day of workshops.

Visited July 2013

Hackensack, New Jersey
“Maybe I am just spoiled...”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Having been told by our concierge that Meiwah was the best Chinese restaurant in the area I had my hopes up. But I guess I am just spoiled by my local restaurants. I found the food overpriced, underflavored and my chicken was dry and tough. My dining companion enjoyed his lamb but agreed that for the hype we were given and the price we paid, it just wasn't enough.

Visited July 2013
Trier, Germany
“Perfect price-service relation”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The service team is an expert in handling guests of different stylings and budgets!
Food is really well done.
The spring roll coming up with the spicy mustard was simple but a perfect combination!

Olney, Maryland
“Fresh Asian”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Meiwah has been a stone's throw from my workplace for a million years it seems. And every now and then my managers ordered a bunch of dishes for our office. They're very good tasting but like a lot of Chinese-styled dishes, they often have too much sauce or starch for my taste. Working late this past weekend, I ordered take-out vegetable dumplings and a dish called seafood delight. It was delightful (sorry). The scallops, shrimp and piece of lobster were SO fresh and nicely cooked, along with green, crunchy steamed broccoli. Best of all, they were all sitting in a small, simple puddle of delicious broth. I see by the other reviews of this restaurant others have had similar experiences with Meiwah.

Kingsport, TN
“Great american-style Chinese food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate at Meiwah for the first time on July 4, we were staying at a hotel nearby and had walked by the restaurant several times and noticed it was consistently busy. We sat at an outside table, and the kind bartender even brought out a cup of water for our dog. We had two dishes, the shredded crispy beef and the asparagus with shrimp and scallops (there's a special seasonal asparagus menu). Both were really delicious and were served extremely fast. The waitress asked how spicy we'd like them, we guessed medium, and when we go back we'll request hot instead as both were pretty mildly spiced. Our total bill was about $45 including two drinks.
My suggestion for those who dislike the fast service is to hold off on ordering until you're ready to eat. The folks at the table next to us did this-they sat and enjoyed their wine for a while before ordering.