“Lunch at Union Station”

Ranked #745 of 3,484 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Incorporating towering, adobe-like wall fragments at the entry hall of Union Station, intricate mosaic surfaces of turquoise glass, and a menu reflecting the many cultures that have influenced the region, Thunder Grill is a visual and culinary celebration of the American Southwest.
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Enjoyed a nice lunch while on a bus tour of the DC sights - great soup and a really good entree; only downside was that because we were seated outside the restaurant which is the lobby of the station it was rather cold.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

My friend ordered Fish Tacos for appetizer and I was very skeptical. You see I've been so disappointed in the number of restaurants where Fish Tacos were on the menu. However, after my friend smiled after a bite, I tried them for myself. Thunder Grill came through with flying colors and they were the best Fish Tacos I've ever had.

The Calamari were very good; juicy and lightly battered. And the beef brisket was so tender and delicious you could swallow it whole!

Thunder Grill was a great find!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

The cold was coming in the front door with the other major restaurant but this was tucked in and nice and cozy. The service was excellent and the food was good. Great place to wait out with a train departure time with my son.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We met a family member at the Thunder Grill for lunch today. The restaurant is located in the DC Union Station. Our very friendly server quickly brought us water and took our drink orders which arrived shortly. My spouse had a burger served with fries and cole slaw, her brother ordered a turkey burger also with fries and slaw. Tomato and onion were on the side and mustard and catsup were brought to the table. Both burgers were pronounced very good.

With some trepetation I ordered beef enchiladas. They were delicious. Wrapped in blue corn tortIllas the tender well seasoned beef was covered in white chese. On the plate was rice, guacamole and tomato.

We each had coffee after our meal.

We were all well pleased with Thunder Grill. The food was good, service was good and our server, in particular, was friendly and efficient. Our bill was $61, which included a $10 tip.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

After returning our rental car late in the evening at Union Station we decided to eat in the area before taking a taxi back to the hotel. We ended up at Thunder Grill because it was located at Union Station and we where tired to continue looking for something else. The restaurant was about to close so we had to site on a bar type table. Not the best choice after a long day of shopping. The food was oke but nothing special. It was very loud in the restaurant from drunk costumers.