“Overpriced and poor service”
Review of Pier Seven Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Our waiter refused to split the check for our party. The food was marginal at best and overpriced. We waited quite a long time for our food, then the waiter got one of the orders for our kids wrong. Had to wait over 30 minutes for a grilled cheese sandwich. Ridiculous

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I asked for chicken in my Caesar Salad and they put a chicken wing in it! Very odd. It's way to pricy for what you get and the waiter wasn't friendly at all.

1  Thank CollegeGal2525
Reviewed June 23, 2012

While it is a well established place,
The portions were small,
But the service was very attentive.
Had the prime rib, was well cooked
but thin.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I'm surprised at all the lackluster reviews. I've eaten here several times while on business travel in the area. The prices are very reasonable for the DC area, and the food is good. The portion sizes are small compared to some restaurants, but are just fine for most people. Who wants dinner leftovers when you are traveling? The entrees come with salad and a bread basket. They are not ultra-fancy entrees presented on huge plates with sauce art and curlicues of unidentifiable vegetables, but are well prepared, tasty, and unpretentious. There is a nice view of the waterfront. The inside of the restaurant is dark wood, red leather seating, with a restrained nautical feel. Best of all, the place is quiet and you can hear your dinner-mates talking; there is no loud blaring music. The service was attentive but not overbearing. If you are looking for loud and rowdy, go elsewhere.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

My spouse had eaten lunch at this restaurant in the past and was excited about taking me to dinner. His meal looked pretty good. Unfortunately, my seafood Newburg was very odd. It had a kind of brown gravy, unlike any Newburg I've ever seen or tasted. It was very salty and mediocre at best. I also ordered a side of asparagus, which was tender and cooked perfectly, but the Hollandaise was a cold little blob in a little metal container (a do-it-yourself project) and could barely be "spread" onto the vegetables. Although we had called in advance to request a water view, we ended up surrounded by a busload of tourists, sitting in a corner overlooking the sidewalk . Our waiter was inattentive and never ever refilled water or iced tea. The prices are good (especially for the location), but sometimes "you get what you pay for." My advice is to spend a little more and have a good dinner somewhere else.