“Great food let down by service ”

The Oceanaire Seafood Room
Reserve a Table
Thu, 7/18
8:00 PM
Ranked #173 of 3,874 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Transit: Metro Center - 12th & F Street exit
Description: The Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy the freshest seafood flown in daily from around the world. Our knowledgeable staff will delight you with exceptional service - guiding you through the wide variety of items on our menu and helping you select the perfect wine to complement your meal. You'll find out why The Oceanaire has been voted one of the best seafood restaurants in the country.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really great seafood here in a busy restaurant but service was erratic and they forgot to bring the tea and coffee we ordered at the end. Glacial aircon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the time we arrived the restaurant was top notch. Everyone was very kind and happy. We were celebrating our daughters birthday and they actually gave her a menu printed which said Happy 15th Birthday! Their attention to detail definitely sets the standards high in my opinion! The dishes were divine! Cocktails, appetizers and entrees were prepared to perfection. Portions were excellent and you did not leave hungry. We ordered salmon, Chilean seabass and shrimp, scallops and crab cake appetizer. All wonderful. And lastly, the desserts. Wow!!! They came out with brownie and ice cream for our daughter. Fantastic presentation and she was so excited to be treated like a princess. Hats off to one of the best places we have ever dined!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Our family of five had an excellent dinner, spent nearly $2K, however when the server presented me with the check, he also handed me a pamphlet about their dinner rewards club, it was $30 and he went on and on, I thought I was at the Outback Steakhouse getting a shake down. Even my kids were appalled. It was tacky, rude and embarrassing, not something you experience in classy restaurants.

Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

A contemporary feel with a nice menu. Service was good and the kitchen kept the time between courses to a minimum.
My appetizer of steamed PEI Mussels disappointed. A good number of unopened mussels and some that were not thoroughly cooked. At a sushi bar, maybe. Here, not ok.
Caesar salad was fresh but largely devoid of flavor.
The halibut over fingerling potatoes and green beans was very good. I chose to have it broiled and was happy with that choice.
I would go back but would consider other seafood spots as well.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

This was my 2nd time visiting this restaurant. We were told there would be an 1.5 hour wait. However as a Landry member. We were seated in less than 10 minutes. It did not disappoint! We had the same 2 waiters from before. The order I made was no longer on the menu but they made me my seafood Mix Grill. It was cooked to perfection. Our wait staff and hostess were very friendly and accommodating. The prices were reasonable.

Date of visit: May 2019