“My favorite in DC for lunch!”

Teaism Lafayette Park
Ranked #966 of 3,283 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Description: Just two blocks from The White House and The Renwick Gallery, Teaism Lafayette Park is popular with tourists and locals. Open for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea Monday to Friday, the menu features fresh, healthy food made with wholesome ingredients. Be sure to have a Salty Oat Cookie.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I had the shrimp salad which was delicious. The kale chips were so much better than the ones I make at home, the ginger scones were heavenly. Finally the iced Morrocan mint tea was excellent. This is the one place in DC that I repeatedly come to. I like all of them, but this location was perfect since my hotel was around the corner.

1  Thank Gail F
There are newer reviews for Teaism Lafayette Park

Reviewed July 25, 2013

If you want healthy lunch options while in DC, Teaism is a great choice. The bento boxes are awesome. I also love the curry chicken salad. They are great at accommodating food allergies. You can't miss the tea!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great location ~ wonderful menu ~ clean and comfy. Just what I look for in a tea joint. Great staff, too! Relax... and enjoy.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I went to Teaism for a business lunch with a couple of co workers. The place is a little less expensive than nearby restaurants, such as Bombay Club or Equinox, but the menu is very interesting with asian fusion flavor to it. There are some indian dishes, thai curries and japanese style entrees and what's even better cinammon ice cream dessert. True to their name they also have an excellent selection of tees. This place can get quite crowded during lunch and they do not accept reservations, since it is not a sit down (they have tables but you take your order and sit yourself) but they move quite quickly. Definitely worth a try if you like asian cuisine.

1  Thank merryl8
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is an amazing place to stop for lunch, a snack, or just a drink to warm you up. We were in DC for 5 days and stopped here four times. I tried various Oolongs and my husband always had Black Tea. They were all fantastic. We tried their oat cookies as well. My husband liked them, I wasn't a huge fan.

We didn't get a chance to eat a full meal here, but as we sat drinking our teas I eyed everyone else's food and it looked incredible. Their soups smelled fantastic and the bento boxes all looked great.

Their prices are very very reasonable. Much cheaper than grabbing a coffee shop drink. Really love this shop!