“Grab Hot Dogs for Lunch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ben's Chili Bowl

Ben's Chili Bowl
Ranked #75 of 3,196 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Fast Food, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: U Street Corridor
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Grab Hot Dogs for Lunch.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I went in to get carry out, two hot dogs for lunch with someone else. I have been there many times but not often. Most of my friends and family really seemed to like the Half Smokes. Service was prompt. I have never sat down in there.

Visited September 2012

• Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great food and service. Bad locals.”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Been here several times and never had bad food or bad service. 1. Know what you are walking into. 2. Be ready to order and if possible have someone grab a seat because seating is limited.

2. The later you go the more it gets filled with jerks who cut in line and then yell at you for calling them on it. Maybe I, and then other people, were jerks but when the line is out the door and you cut it's bull. And then you get to the front and complain about your food??

Go during the day.

• Visited January 2013
Kansas City, Kansas
“Chili Cheese Fries Heaven”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife disagrees but I think it was great. We are from Kansas City where we put beans in our chili. So she didn't like the chili. I had the Half- Smoke and Chili Cheese fries. What a delight. It was exactly what I expected. The service wasn't that good but the atmosphere was just like you could imagine. One sausage is not feeling for a big guy, so just do lunch or order two.

• Visited June 2012
Greenville, South Carolina
“OMG!!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

If you want a treat, and something different in the hot-dog arena, you have to go try a half-smoke (with chili and onions). This is one of the best "dogs" you'll ever try! Plus the restaurant is I national landmark. Truly!

Visited October 2012
Durant, Oklahoma
“A fun dinner for our family!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I took my kids to eat here and we all had a great time. It was cold outside but hot inside the restaurant. Every time we go by the place is always packed so plan accordingly.

They only accept cash so make sure you come prepared for that as well, though there is an ATM if you need one.

We had chili bowls and burgers and milkshakes and it was all very tasty. Though we had a good time we probably wouldnt go back for a while but I am glad we went.

• Visited March 2013