“Great Neighborhood Spot”

Clyde's of Georgetown
Reserve with OpenTable
Clyde's of Georgetown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 3,237 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Georgetown
Cross street: Wisconsin Avenue
Transit: Nearest Metro Stop is Roslyn or Foggy Bottom/GW. Both are a 15-minute walk, or a quick ride on the Circulator (Red Bus), or on the 30, 32, 34, 36 or 38 Metrobus from Foggy Bottom.
Description: Opened in 1963, Clyde's of Georgetown qualifies as an institution. This animated tavern in the heart of Washington's most famous neighborhood popularized saloon food and practically invented Sunday brunch. More than 50 years later, Clyde's continues the tradition, serving classic American cuisine to Georgetown locals and famous faces while passers-by stop in and mingle at the long oak bar. The re-designed interior is an open invitation to the restaurant's life and times with its many travel posters, paintings, and bronze statues. Clyde's of Georgetown remains a Washington classic.
Weston, Florida
“Great Neighborhood Spot”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My family and I were walking around the Georgetown area and stopped at Clyde's by accident, but we are sure happy that we did. It is a great place with a local vibe, outstanding service and wonderful food. Even though we were seated in the bar area, the noise level wsa fine and only added to the atomsphere. My wife's crab cakes were the best she has ever had and my burger was perfectly cooked. One of the cool features of this restaurant is that they place a pewter pitcher of water on the table which keep us from having to ask for refills of our drink. I wish more places provided that service.
Clyde's is a great place to relax, have a drink and soak in the DC atomsphere.

• Visited July 2014

“Love this place”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Ambiance, food, price. All great. Salmon special was to die for. The perfect amount of sauce and vegetable. Great pork and ham sandwich too. The atmosphere was noisy but not too. Great old place. Great attentive waitstaff. We teased that the waitstaff reacted to a spilled glass of water faster than my 13 year old did as it spilled on his lap. Meals in the $12-$20 range. Perfect!

Visited July 2014
Franklin, Virginia
“So good we visited twice!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

On night one in D.C we "happened" on Clyde's and took a look at the outside menu. With a wide variety of offerings of fresh fish, beef, and pasta dishes, we took our chances. We didn't have reservations so we ate at one of their FOUR bars. the bartenders couldn't have been more efficient or friendly, and they were really informative about the city.
My wife ordered the Trout Parmesan --flash fried Parmesan crusted North Carolina trout, mashed potatoes, sugar snap peas, carrots and hollandaise sauce (20 bucks) and I had the Penne with Chicken--country ham, English Pea pesto, asparagus, and onions in a nice cream sauce. (16.25 and worth it). We shared a Crème Brûlée for dessert. (7 bucks) which could have been just a bit toastier on the top. I had 2 Hendricks and tonic, and my wife had the Porch Swing Punch. The bill, with tip, was just over 100 dollars.
On night two, we just wanted someplace nearby the hotel, and there were still many entrees to try, so back we went. I had the Herb Roasted Half Chicken--mashed potatoes, braised collard greens and sage chicken jus (17 bucks) and my wife had the 12 oz. Grilled New York Strip Steak, perfectly medium rare, (26 bucks). Understand this is D.C. (A nearby steak house offered a 14 oz strip for 32.00). So the prices are in keeping with this neighborhood's restaurants. Our server the second night, Layla, was charming, attentive, a pleasure to talk to, and talked me into the carrot cake. SO glad she did. It's moist and wonderful, but the cream cheese frosting is not overly sugary. My wife had half a bottle of cabernet. Our bill with tip came in just under 100.
We were both dressed down, me in jeans and tennis shoes, and it was just fine. Cut the alcohol to lower your bill and you'll get good food that isn't rushed over. To check out their website go to http://www.clydes.com/gallery-place

Visited June 2014
1 Thank washnahi
Toms River, New Jersey
“Great meal for lunch”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stopped here after strolling through Georgetown. The place was very crowded at 2pm so we took it as a good sign that the food must be good...we were not disappointed! The service was great and the food even better. We all had sandwiches and the portions were sizable. Definitely no room for dessert! I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited June 2014
NOLENSVILLE
“Good Food”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We loved the ambiance and we were pleased there was no dress code-so we could just stop in when we were done sight seeing. Our server was not very attentive or fast, just hope he was having an off day. The food was Very Good-Crab Cakes were Yummy. We would go again.

Visited June 2014