“Good sushi and service!”
Review of Tono Sushi

Tono Sushi
Ranked #386 of 3,283 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Cross street: Calvert St
Transit: Metro rail (Red Line)Woodley Park/Zoo/Adams Morgan Station across from the restaurant and Metro bus stop in front of a Restaurant L2,91,92,X3.
Description: Whether you're a true lover of sushi, or just a novice, Tono Sushi has what you're looking for. In addition to what we feature on our regular lunch and dinner menus, we always have daily and weekly specials from both our kitchen and our adventurous sushi chefs. Come in and enjoy a variety of noodle soups, teriyakis, yakitori, and of course the freshest sushi and sashimi available. Happy Hours $1.00 sushi per piece from 5pm to 7:30pm daily.
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My wife and I visited Tono Sushi after a day of exploring Washington D.C. We visited early in the evening (around 5:30) and were greeted promptly and seated immediately in the downstairs room with the sushi bar. The restaurant was not crowded, but I am thinking that it was due to us coming at such an early time. My wife and I shared the spring rolls, and they were delicious. We also had two California Rolls with real crab and a Manhattan Roll. Additionally, I ordered a variety of raw items from the Happy Hour special ($1 a piece). The rolls were very good, and the raw sushi was fresh and delicious. The service was also attentive. Since we were headed to a baseball game, we were dressed casually and felt welcomed. I imagine that they get busier later in the evening!

There are newer reviews for Tono Sushi

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I had a terrific lunch special with teryaki chicken, california rolls and misi soup plus a few other items. What a great value for ten bucks! Food was good and service friendly. Portions were big too.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Just eaten at Tono Shshi and enjoyed our meal and recomend it to you.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Have come here for dinner a couple times several years ago, revisited today for lunch. Fresh sushi at reasonable prices, sashimi lunch was perfect size if accompanied by a shared appetizer. The tono fresh spring roll was incredible. Atmosphere is a bit dull downstairs and dark, but service is great-- quick, friendly. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I love the sushi here, especially the rolls. The sushi is done well, and it always tastes fresh. I also particularly enjoy their seaweed salad. Tono Sushi also has other tasty Pan-Asian food. The ambiance is somewhat bland but it's still comfy. Finally, their carry-out/delivery service is fantastic - I've used it several times. They are always speedy, often delivering the food much faster than their estimated time.