“Sushilicious”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: P Street
Transit: 3 blocks to east from Dupont Circle Metro station.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Sushilicious”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The quality of the fish is superb! The tuna was like butter and I felt it melt in my mouth.

It is truly exceptional sushi and I recommend the food highly. However, with such high quality food, I want to eat in an equally beautiful environment. The food is A+ but the atmosphere is a solid C. And for the price point, I need at least a B atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Waimea, Hawaii
“Oishii--Very Delicious”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My wife and I lived in Tokyo for over 20 years. Rarely do we find a Japanese restaurant in the US that serves "authentic" dishes.

The katsudon (pork on rice) was a real treat--very tasty.

On normal days, the restaurant is packed at lunch.

• Visited December 2012
Austin, Texas
“Good Sushi”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Sushi was great... The yellow tail and octopus nigiri was particularly delicious. The service however left much to be desired. Our server was slow, and forgetful. If you're going during lunch on a weekday, recommend you make a reservation.

• Visited November 2012
Washington DC
“It's gotten better....”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I wrote a review over three years ago shortly after Sushi Taro did its big renovation, doing away with what was then one of my favorite restaurants and bringing in something that severely disappointed at the time. I've subsequently returned a couple of times and had gotten over my disappointment with the loss of the prior version, and also able to see they had made some improvements with the menu and service. Having stepped back after three years I'd say it is a decent, albeit pricey sushi option, with moments of inspiration, but not necessarily one I'd make a too much of out of the way trip for. Thus, an upgrade from 1 to 3 stars.

• Visited January 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“One of the best sushi”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place has a very cozy and warm athmosphere. The food was delicious. I ordered variety of sashimi and it was very fresh. The pieces were nice and thick.
The staff was friendly and attentive.
I think the only downfall is the price. It is a bit pricey. However, if you want good sushi, you might as well pay the price for it.

• Visited November 2012