“Fantastic brunch! Best one in DC”
Review of Sequoia DC

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Georgetown
Cross street: 30th
Transit: Ten minute walk from the Foggy Bottom Metro Station (Orange/Blue lines)
Description: After almost 30 years, we are still so proud to be one of DC's extraordinary establishments and the Sequoia you know and love. The newly renovated beloved restaurant is located in the Washington Harbour on the Georgetown Waterfront, right along the banks of the Potomac River in Washington, DC. The vast floor-to-ceiling windows offer magnificent views, and our interior design is just as amazing as our surroundings! The entire restaurant is filled with contemporary art featuring Hitoshi Kuriyama's neon glass tube light installation along the ceiling and Arne Quinze's grand colorful sculpture named Scarlet in the garden as well as several other art installations throughout. We also offer incredible options for Private Events & Catering! So please come back to enjoy yourself again and revel in some of the finest cuisine & cocktails DC has to offer, while soaking up some of the best views in the city right on the water in Georgetown.
Reviewed June 5, 2016

Sequoia has what I consider to be the best brunch in DC. First of all, the view is impeccable whether you are inside the dining room or outside on the patio--my friends chose to sit inside and had a great seat right next to the big windows. The brunch selection can't be beat, and ranges from sushi, to pasta, to antipasti, eggs Benedict, etc. All the food was perfectly cooked and seasoned. The bellinis and mimosas were fantastic. Our waitress was super friendly and attentive and really added to our dining experience. At close to $60 a person; this brunch is certainly not cheap but in my opinion is definitely worth the money. I'll go back in a heartbeat and I always recommend it to friends.

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a reviewReviews (865)

Reviewed June 3, 2016

I was here for a 200+ person dinner, and it went well. The food was served buffet style, and there was a good variety of choices, meat, fish, veggies. Desserts were also good. Everyone seemed reasonably happy with the choices, and the format was more flexible for the group than a sit-down, served dinner. Drinks were available outside prior to the dinner. I recommend Sequoia for any similar event. I can't say anything about the price, but I am sure that it wasn't cheap.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 3, 2016

In my opinion, its the best brunch in DC. It runs about $54 but to me its worth every penny. It is a must do when my fiance comes to town. The bottomless mimosas would more than justify the price but the food is unbelievably good. The buffet has a wide variety of food to choose from. You will not leave hungry. It is a very popular place so you have to time your visit.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed June 1, 2016 via mobile

Love this restaurant good food perfect drink outside on the river walking distance to M & Wisconsin in Georgetown & shops

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed June 1, 2016

The atmosphere is nice. its right on the water, but on a weekend night its loud outside because they have a DJ or the radio on blast. They want to give the club bar scene without losing the restaurant vibe... But the music is very loud and if you want to just listen to the water and have a quiet dinner its not possible.

the food was good, not amazing but I know you are paying for the view. The drinks were also good.

they do not validate parking, so you're on your own. And our server probably stopped by 3 or 4 times in the few hours we were there eating and drinking.

Date of visit: May 2016