“On the sunny side of the street”
Review of Litte Viet Garden - CLOSED

Litte Viet Garden
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Georgetown
Neighborhood: Georgetown
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Sat in the sun with some (12) travel-companions enjoying the calm of the back-yard.
Good service with fun staff. Traditional Asian food (thai-'nam-chinese-japanese) Lots of flavours in not too hot dishes. Large selection of asian beers was what we appreciated most. We loved Georgetown. Will be back. Go Capitals!

Reviewed October 28, 2010

I have not had Vietnamese food in a while, so I was very happy to see that there are at least 2 Vietnamese places in Georgetown. I settled for this one, as I did not feel like a whole lunch box offering, I just wanted some phở and this is what I had. It was pretty ok .. the soul of any noodle soup dish is the broth .. and I had to tinker around with mine with the hot sauce and brown sauce they offer separately until I was happy. The portion was generous, I could not finish it.

No complaints at all about the service .. not top shelf, but courteous and efficient.

Reviewed September 29, 2010

Found it ok, none of the problems with service mentioned before. Food tasted pretty fresh, nothing amazing but big portions and well prices. Busy for a Wednesday night with a nice atmosphere

Reviewed May 24, 2010

I normally never write reviews but felt compelled to comment on this place. I see now that others have had similar experiences - wish I had read about it before dining. We went in because it seemed like it was fairly full - big mistake as I think it was just full of people waiting for their food - it certainly wasn't for great food.

Service is absolutely atrocious, ridiculously slow in a restaurant that isn't full - time to get seated, time to get menu, time to get order taken, time for food, time for check. Basically you will wait a long time for everything.

On top of this they got meals wrong, and overbilled us. The restaurant wasn't very full and this is unacceptable.

If zero was an option they would get that.

DO NOT EAT HERE EVER

Reviewed May 9, 2010

Imagine six people from Mississippi who've never eaten Vietnamese food before, walking into a lovely restaurant in the upscale Georgetown neighborhood. After several minutes of looking at the extensive menu, I asked the manager/owner? if he would help me select something that would provide an authentic experience. He asked me about preferences, made some recommendations, and we settled on the Hanoi Pork. It was amazing, perfectly seasoned and grilled with a tasty sauce everyone at the table wanted to pour over their rice. All of the meals were beautifully presented, with large portions and great flavor.

1  Thank kerikidswriter