“Great outdoor patio!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lauriol Plaza

Lauriol Plaza
Ranked #192 of 3,199 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Southwestern, Spanish, Central American
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Description: Lauriol Plaza Restaurant was established in 1983. Ever since then, we have become a landmark in DC. We are nestled in one of the most vibrant, diversified Dupont Circle neighborhood in DC. According to food critics and clients, we are popular for good food, good service and good prices. We have the most diversified clientele, who has a true passion for Mexican, International, Latin American food. This is the spot to see and be seen in the Nation’s Capital and, although, we are a large restaurant, in essence, we still remain the small neighborhood restaurant we once were back in the old days. We are proud to have served families and couples in the 80’s and their new generations in the 2000s, and, through engagement, weddings and reunions celebrations, we continue to serve them generation after generation. Since the moment you enter, you will be impressed with the scenery. Whether you sit in the main floor, the mezzanine, the rooftop or the outside patio, you will always see a stunning perspective of the scenery. Inside a mural of a Spanish fiesta covers one wall of the bar; the interior beyond is cool and urbane, all matte-black metal and white walls, with woods in four tones forming the curved ceiling and stair rails, the expanse is magnified by windows as tall as most of the neighborhood's entire buildings. Dog walkers, bikers and joggers pass through sidewalks as if they were part of the decoration in an urban film. There so much to see. We thank our loyal clientele and our hard working staff for making Lauriol Plaza the landmark institution is has become for the past 30 decades. So in your next visit to DC, please pay us a visit.
Chicago, IL
“Great outdoor patio!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Lauriol Plaza is in DuPont Circle. The attraction to the restaurant for me was the outdoor rooftop seating. It was great to have such an open air place to eat. We were there around 7:30 and it was very loud and tough to have a conversation. I ordered a regular margarita on the rocks. It was fair at best. Someone should work on their receipe. I also am a firm believer that the vessel your drink is served in makes a difference. A beer mug was not ideal. Where are their margarita glasses? I did notice a very large amount of frozen drinks being ordered so maybe that is where I missed out. I ordered the red snapper special. It was cooked to perfection and had a very light sauce on it. There wasn't a speck of food left on my plate. However, the rest of my party said their dishes were good but not great. Overall, I rank this place high for the good service and outdoor area. I rank it closer to average for food and not so great for drinks.

• Korean first
New York / Washington, D.C.
“GREAT food from Mexico and ALL of Latin America, in lovely DuPont Circle.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Peruvian, Cuban, Argentine...you name it. Wonderful, homemade Latin food, daily specials, yummy desserts, (I especially love their Key Lime Pie), this place has it all! A beautiful, 2 floor dining room, additionally, a terrific roof-deck & ground level sidewalk dining. White linens, fresh cut flowers on every indoor table, THE BEST, hot, paper thin tortilla chips and homemade salsa (with house compliments) are quickly brought to your table. Best of all, the warm staff (We love Christina!). The crowd here truly represents D.C...friends, singles, couples, families, all races and backgrounds, gay and straight, many celebrities and politicians all the way up to U.S. Presidents, everyone happy and HUNGRY. It can get crowded, but it's worth it. VERY AFFORDABLE for all you get!!!!

Carmel, Indiana
“Terrific Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

During our Spring Break trip to Washington, D.C. My family and I went to Lauriol Plaza at 18th & T in the DuPont Circle area of the city. Lauriol Plaza has been a long time favorite of mine. Any time I am in DC for business I try to go there for dinner. This is my family's second spring break trip to DC. We went to this restaurant the last time we were there. We went again this time. We all love this restaurant. The clientele is a mix of DC professionals, families of all kinds, every color and walk of life, young, old, and a few visitors like us. Love it! The food is authentic Mexican food. From the very familiar tacos and fajitas, to very traditional Mexican entrees. The ceviche appetizer is outstanding. The salsa and chips are my favorite in the U.S. The salsa is served warm, and it has an amazing smokiness in the flavor. Every member of my family loves this restaurant. The wait staff is friendly, prompt and efficient.

This restaurant typically has a long wait. Make a reservation if you can. In the summer months, the terrace on the third floor is very popular. The margaritas flow. The atmosphere is quite fun. Got to this restaurant with family, friends or colleagues. You will love the food and you will have fun.

1 Thank TitusPullo13
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fun place - great food and margaritas.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We did Friday dinner and drinks and found the pitcher of gold margarita most agreeable indeed! Food is good and reliable and its generally a very fun place. Probably the best Mexican I've seen in DC when the fun factor is taken into account. Lamb fajitas were good but I think I'd do beef next time.

“Wonderfully rich flavors...great variety”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We were with a very large group and everyone's entree was excellent and served hot! The variety of entrees is incredible. We passed around the dishes essentially family-style...the pork dishes and the seafood dishes were perfectly seasoned. The flavors were very rich. All of the fajita choices were good. The quail was great. The margarhitas were awesome as well. Service was pretty incredible for such a large table at such a busy restaurant. I was visiting from out of town..it was so good that we went back for another meal two days later.