“Is Ruth Chris food better in DC than in Seattle?”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #171 of 3,213 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: S Street NW
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Washington DC serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
Seattle, WA
“Is Ruth Chris food better in DC than in Seattle?”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was staying at the Washington Hilton while at a conference. i walked a couple blocks to Ruth Chris. It was around 6:00 pm and while the restuarant was fairly empty I went to the bar so I could watch the playoffs. I ordered a tangeray gibson a little dirty but it had too much onion juice in it, and they remade it for me without me asking. I had the $42 special for a ceasar salad, fillet and shrimp and the chocolate peanute butter cake pair with fruit and creme. Every thing was perfect. The salad was fresh and tasty. The steak and shrimp came out bubblying in butter on the very hot plate. The desert was sinfully good. The bar tender was very social and we talked quite a bit about my opinion that the DC Ruth Chris was so much better than the RC in Bellevue WA. It may be that the cut of meat was better, or it was served much hotter than here, or the atmosphere and tangeray made things seem better. In any case, best meal I have had in a long time. I do love my steaks, salads and tangeray!

• Visited January 2013

Salem, Oregon
“Ruth's Chris - Consistently Excellent!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Visited while on business in D.C. We were a party of three. We arrived without reservation on a Tuesday evening at about 7:30pm. We had about 30 minutes to wait, but were invited to wait in the bar - which we did. The bartender was friendly, polite and helpful in suggesting some drinks for us.
The menu is fantastic, as usual, but we noticed a new item (well, new to me) - the Ruth's Chris Classic Menu - a menu that includes your choice of a Starter, an Entrée, a Side dish, and a Dessert. I ended up with the Caesar salad, Petit filet w/scampi, garlic mashed potatoes and the Peanut butter/chocolate cake w/fresh berries.
Fantastic. And, if you are used to the normal Ala Carte menu, this is a nice alternative and a bit more economical (well, for Ruth's Chris).
The wait staff were very friendly and helpful as well! We will be back!

• Visited January 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Old Stand By”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We visit Ruth's Chris a couple times a year - usually my wife's birthday, our anniversary, or some other special occassion. The steaks and sides can't be beat. The service and ambiance are old school - attentive staff and plenty of privacy. No surprises here.

Visited August 2012
North East, Maryland
“Very nice place to have a good steak.”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

My family went there on New Years eve. The stuffed chicken is outstanding. No matter what side you order its enough to satisfy you. My cousin had the love steak and it was like heaven.

Eastport, NY
“Good steak, crazy prices”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Much like other high end chains, decent food, average service and expence account prices. Our waiter was efficient and rather detached while all dishes were quite good and the decor is comfortable but forgettable.

Visited December 2012