“Best steakhouse in Dc”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #174 of 3,485 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: S Street NW
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Washington DC serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

My family was in Dc for a conference. Our first dinner was at ruth chris....it was awesome. It is pricey but worth it.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Five friends dined ther Friday night...two of us beacame ill, one seriously...managment sayd they're sorry and that's it. Dated, ugly decor, obviously this is a has-been. Dining room mostly empty. Service was the best part and inexpensive valet, too...meals very expensive

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This restuarant was quite expensive but I had the best steak of my entire visit to the U.S. We had the set menu deal which was better value and the staff were helpful and accommodating - especially with our 2 year old!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I've come to expect great things from Ruth's Chris. DC was not a disappointment. While the food was out of this world (crab cakes were heavenly), the charming staff couldn't do enough to ensure every single member of my party was completely satisfied.

1  Thank MissWelshBackpacker
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We dined at the Ruth's Chris near DuPont Circle on a Tuesday night. We were seated quickly. I was not offered the chance for a black napkin instead of white although people seated after me were. It's a minor point but a detail that was overlooked. A server came over and mumbled something and poured water for us. Nobody asked if we wanted bottled water or tap. We ordered cocktails and one came prepared incorrectly and was sent back. The other was poured in such a way that it splashed my wife and on the table. The drinks were good. The binder for the wine list looked like it had been left out in traffic during rush hour; it was in very poor condition.

Although it was only 7pm they were out of several things on the menu. People at a table next to ours had to re-order to find something available.

The steaks came correctly prepared but looking lost on a plate all by themselves. The plates came sizzling. I realize this is a standard Ruth's Chris presentation so I'm sure it has loyal fans but I'm not one of them. The plates are dangerously hot. Also, the first taste of steak is HOT. I couldn't really taste the filet mignon, just the hot. My workaround was to cut the filet and put pieces on top of the rest so they could cool off. Meanwhile the filet continued to cook a little. Also, the side dish should be eaten right out of the dish it was served in; placing a serving on the hot plate just makes the sides taste hot too. Once the filet called off a little I could tell it was flavorful and quite good.

We skipped dessert. Skip this restaurant.