“Comfortable and cozy italian dinner”
Review of Tuscana West - CLOSED

Tuscana West
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: Between 13th & 14th
Transit: McPherson Square (Blue & Orange)-- just 1/2 block from 14th Street exit
Description: Our vision is simple: great food, exceptional service, reasonable prices and a welcoming atmosphere in an Italian restaurant right in the heart of Washington DC’s downtown--minutes from the White House, museums, shops, major hotels, convention center and the Metro. Lively and approachable, this comfortable yet sophisticated restaurant features a dynamic open-air kitchen, a social bar, four flowing dining areas and a stylized outdoor patio. Tuscana West is the perfect spot for a romantic evening, a special celebration or an executive power luncheon or dinner. Tuscana West is full of the warm-hearted wines and food that match the spirit of Italy, specializing in delectable dishes that marry simple, well-honed tradition and full Italian flavors with fresh, local seasonal ingredients. We have something for everyone from rustic hand-tossed pizzas fired in our stone pizza oven, to grilled seafoods & meats to hearty pastas. Our decadent desserts and superb wine list, with expert pairing, complete your meal.
Linwood, New Jersey
“Comfortable and cozy italian dinner”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We were early for our reservation and we greeted immediately by the mgr with a smile. We were seated next to the fireplace and had exceptional service. Known for its homemade pastas we enjoyed 4 different offers. All were very good save for the omittance of fresh garlic. Our wait staff was wonderful and the deserrt menu extensive. We arrived dressed as tourists and left in our italian suits. Well done Tuscana.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank d k

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Excellent food, personal service, live piano...Awesome!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The service was very old school in such a great way. Actual Italian waiters at our beck and call, a very talented piano player, and the food was unbelievably excellent. We went there two nights during our 5-day stay. Had the hand tossed, made to order Caesar salad both nights. You HAVE to have this salad!!!!

We also had ravioli, two chicken dishes, and I had the lasagna. Wow. All was perfect! This is our favorite DC restaurant for sure now. Gorgeous atmosphere to boot. Warm, inviting, attractive.

Don't miss it!!!!

Toronto, Canada
“Terrible service!!!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had an early dinner (5:30 pm) at Tuscana West. They had a Summer Dinner Special (offered from 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm) and a $19.99 Lobster dinner posted outside the restaurant but they didn't give us those menus until we asked. Then they told us that the kitchen ran out of lobsters...on a Friday night at 5:30 pm, really???

We ended up with some pasta dishes from the Summer Dinner Special menu. The food was OK but the waiters were very disorganized and all over the place.

I would not recommend going back to this place.

Bowie, Maryland, United States
“Good food, OK service.”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Got there early for a 6:30 reservation and the place was packed! Plus, there were a lot of families with kids, not my scenario of choice when dining out. I then realized it was Easter weekend, and it is cherry blossom time. Need to remind myself of that next year. It took a few minutes for the evening to get started as our waiter forgot to bring us our water and he was a bit in the weeds. However, he made a nice recovery.

After drinks, my wife ordered the mussels and I had the pasta fagioli soup. The soup was good, but the portion of mussels was a bit on the small side compared to the many places where we have had them before. But, it is DC.

We then had the caesar salad (prepared tableside). The lettuce was fresh and overall, it was was a nice service and presentation.

For entrees, my wife had the lambchops and I had a fresh pasta dish with mushrooms. Both of us enjoyed our selections very much. We shared a tiramisu to finish off our evening.

The prices here are reasonable, especially for a downtown DC restaurant. Our bill with drinks and wine was less than $150 for the two of us.

This was our fourth time at Tuscana West and each time, it has been consistently good. If I had a complaint, it would be that the service is not very personal. English is not the first language of most of the wait staff, and sometimes things can get lost in the translation.

The noise level here is energetic, and combined with the gentleman playing dinner music on the piano, it was definitely a bit on the loud side, but no so much where you couldn't carry on a conversation without yelling.

They had valet parking, but there were plenty of places on the street right next to the restaurant, so we opted for that. The valet isn't there every night, so it might be something to check into before you go. Also, I would highly recommend making a reservation.

Houston, Texas
“Service was terrible, food was average”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and I decided we could walk t this italian restaurant, Saturday night between 8pm-9pm We called ahead just incase there might be a wait, but probably didn't need to. Was seated at our table in a timely manor and drink orders were taken within a few minutes. Drink were delivered by someone other than the waiter along with some olive oil, but no bread
From then on was service declined
Waiter must have gotten lost as he took forever to take our order, probably 10 minutes.
Once our order was taken we never seen the waiter until the entrees arrived. The appetizer came out (my wife had a salad and we shared the calamari) but no one ever check on how the appetizers were and we also ran out of drinks.
Once the entrees came out the (wife had pizza and I had the Filetto di Medagione) the wife told me to check the temperature as she had seen my order sitting on the counter waiting before for her pizza to be ready to be delivered to our table. The beef was warm but the vegetables were cold. Average taste, not anything over the top. Again, no waiter so I figured we might as well cut our losses and and deal with what we got.