“Great for a casual low-key dinner out”
Review of Madhatter

Madhatter
Ranked #1,517 of 3,257 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Connecticut Ave/ K Street
KL, Malaysia
“Great for a casual low-key dinner out”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went for dinner once, the food was good, especially since it was relatively cheap. The service could've been better but nothing major to complain about. Loved the decor and atmosphere. I'd recommend it for a casual, no-fuss night out.

• Visited May 2013

Waldorf, Maryland
“Worst Brunch Ever!!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My friend and I go to brunch every Sunday when I’m home. We have been to places all over the DMV. We had reservations and was seated promptly. My waiter Taylor was terrible and he didn’t even invoke any confidence that he knew what he was doing. We ordered drinks and before we could say another word. He walked off. We sat there looking disgruntled because the manager noticed walking by and asked if we need any help and drinks. We informed her that Taylor took our drink ordered and we wanted to order. She went get Taylor, but low and behold he was on his way back with our drinks. We placed our order of Tweedle Dee Tidbits, french toast, fried chicken and waffles, and two sides of scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese. Taylor asked if we wanted the Tweedle Dee Tidbits before our entrees and I said yes. Well it did come out before the entrees like 15 seconds, I didn’t even get a bite before the entrees hit the table. The fried chicken had been refried, it was greasy and overcooked. The waffle was the quality of staying at a hotel that you make your own waffles but it tasted terrible Hampton Inns was better. My eggs didn’t have any cheese and I informed Taylor he took them back and brought them back saying the cook said they it was mixed in, no cheese was mixed in and I looked throughly. My friend said the french toast was average. I was so disgusted with the food except the Tweedle Dee Tidbits they were actually delicious. I just wanted to pay and leave but that didn’t go well either. Taylor clean off the dishes for my friend and then we waited for over 30mins just to get the check because we never saw him again. It was so long the manager noticed after 25mins and asked us what was the problem. We finally got the check I paid and left hungry. I will never go back and I don’t even understand how this place got a good rating for brunch. I could possibly see lunch or dinner as the Tweedle Dee Tidbits were delicious, but the service and the food sucked big time. I will not be going back and I don’t recommend anyone else going either.

• Visited May 2013
Canberra, Australia
“Great Pub”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

While staying in D.C this was my favorite pub to go after work. I always found the staff friendly. I occasionally snacked on bar food after a few drinks and it was always went down well. If you are after fine cuisine, go to a restaurant. I occasionally went in there for lunch and I enjoyed their well priced lunch menu but Friday after work was my favorite time at the 'hatter.

• Visited December 2012
wetumpka,al
“AVOID AT ALL COST - WORST EXPERIENCE EVER”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Wish I would have read some of the other reviews on here before going. Restaurant was dead, family and I were seated quickly.. Took about 10 minutes for the server to show up and take our drink order, another 10-15 minutes before he took our food order. 30 minutes for the for to actually come to the table. The food was awful. Burger was dry. no one at the table liked their food, but we were starving so we managed to eat most of it. 30 minutes after the server put the food on the table he finally made a second appearance, at which time I voiced how bad the food was, and to just bring the bill. No comment from the server. 15 more minutes go by, no bill. Finally wave down the server again, and ask him to have the manager come. 10 more minutes go by ,and the server tells us the manger is NOT coming. I demand that they bring the bill once again.. 20 more minutes go by, and I give up. So we decide to leave. Then and only then did they decide it was time for us to pay. One of the employees stops us right as we exit the door accusing us of stealing and demanding $80 in cash for the meal. I don't know how they expect someone to pay when they refuse to bring the bill, and we shouldn't be paying at all anyway after the way we had been treated. I gave the guy $80 because I was just ready to go.. I have no idea if he actually gave it to the restaurant or not. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place.

• Visited March 2013
Cicero
“Great Pub Food just south of Dupont Circle”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

With a Alice in Wonderland decorating décor, first time patrons will enjoy the tea set on the ceiling and the other memorabilia and pictures throughout the restaurant.
Mostly a sandwich, burger and light dining selection featuring a full contingent of micro brews and vodkas.
Worth at least one visit if you are in the area and more if the establishment fulfills your dining and drinking desires.

Visited March 2013