Occidental Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Occidental Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 3,337 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 14th
Transit: Metrocenter 13 & F
Description: Occidental Grill & Seafood is a DC dining institution just steps from the White House, with a history dating back more than 110 years. This iconic gathering place combines legendary staying power with a constantly evolving, cutting-edge menu that takes a fresh and current approach to classic American cuisine.
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Felt like we were eating in a place where many famous people had eaten before us. The food was ok, but quite expensive. Go for the experience.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I've been here a bunch of times and always enjoy it. The diinner menu was somewhat limted but the yellowfin tuna was superb. The bar area and outdoor seating had more menu options but sitting in the main dinng room amongst all the famous portraits is special. They have kids menus so a great place to go as well with the whole family. I look forward to my next visit.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We've always enjoyed going to the Occidental, it has a great atmosphere and the food used to be great. Unfortunately, they've changed their menu. They have less options and the ones they offer aren't very appealing. No one in our party was happy with their food. We probably won't be going back.

1  Thank adviceucantrust
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Went there for brunch. Beautiful restaurant rich in history. Could spend all day looking at all the photos of the famous individuals whom have dined there over the decades! The scrambled eggs and caviar were to die for as was the hamburger and fries. Great location to stop from sightseeing to relax and rejuvenate. Outside seating looked fun too!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Beautiful day outside and my girlfriend and I decided to sit outside and enjoy your lunch on a Saturday afternoon while visiting D.C.. An awesome menu selection, however, we decided to share the Presidential Burger (really big to share with two people) with the extra stuff added which made the burger to be $55 (the most expensive burger I've eaten). Now do not get me wrong, it was a delicious burger. If you decide to sit outside just remember you'll have wildlife come visit you as in my case (added photos for proof). These two pigeons flew in and the next thing I knew these two were hoping on each others back. So we had a nice floor show.

1  Thank Nick D