“Great Service”
Review of Occidental Grill

Occidental Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Occidental Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 3,257 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 14th
Transit: Metrocenter 13 & F
Description: Occidental Grill & Seafood is a DC dining institution just steps from the White House, with a history dating back more than 110 years. This iconic gathering place combines legendary staying power with a constantly evolving, cutting-edge menu that takes a fresh and current approach to classic American cuisine.
Nassau Bahamas
“Great Service”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Although quite warm outside, we had wonderful food and service.

Visited June 2012

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Florida
“Outside patio dining!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We sat outside under huge trees and enjoyed mussels and martinis while watching tourists and politicians!!

Visited May 2012
St. Louis, Mo.
“Location, view, patio, must go.”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Patio dining here is a must. From your table you can see the Capitol, the Dept of Treasury, the Washington monument, and you are close to the White House. Great patio. Good food and drinks. Average service, perhaps a tad slow and inattentive, but we were not in a hurry. Prices you would expect for Pennsylavania Avenue next to the White House. Overall a thoroughly enjoyable experience. My wife, my 7 y.o. granddaughter, and I all had fun. After dinner we strolled the perimeter of the White House grounds.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank TPHOB
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Nice place”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband and I had dinner here during our brief visit to Washington. The food was excellent. I had the beet salad and the lamb and he had gaspacho and the sea scallops. The service was great. I would say that it was a little slow, but we weren't in any hurry so it was leisurely. I would definietly go back.

• Visited May 2012
Greensboro NC
“Don't waste your time - so many better options in DC”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I went here for our anniversary. It was a Friday night in DC in June - 7pm - and no one was there. That should have been our first clue. Expensive? Yes. Nice atmosphere? Yes. Good service? Yes. Good food? NO. Good value? Definitely NO. We were staying at the Willard Intercontinental and this place is just next door so we figured it would be an easy and convenient option for dinner. The waiter was very nice, relatively attentive. The food was average at best. We ordered the special, which was a tiny filet mignon paired with a crabcake. The filet was so salty I couldn't eat it and it was drenched in some sauce that told me that they were masking a substandard piece of meat. The crabcake was good, not a lot of filler - mostly crab - but nothing spectacular. Price for this entree? $69. We opted out of dessert and went to Old Ebbitt's Grille - wish we had eaten there for dinner too.

• Visited June 2012