Tripadvisor

Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: Between H & I Streets
Transit: Farragut West & Farragut North Metro Lines
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wow... visited during Restaurant Week and I was super impressed. The paneer appetizer was the highlight of my week in DC. Fantastic roganjosh and mango creme brulee. Can't wait to go back.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (682)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Had dinner - unfortunately due to Restaurant week, menu was restricted especially for vegetarian. However the Thali we had and Panner Tikka were excellent. Lovely ambience too!

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 7, 2019 via mobile

Not being a fan of Indian food, I was surprisingly amazed when every part of the thali blew my mind the first time I visited. This time...I... suggested that we go.

First of all, start with the crispy kale and prepare for a blend of crispiness and sauce and tomatoes and...yum.

Once again the thali is multiple experiences of...yum served with warm naan.

While the food is a "5", I have to rate the overall restaurant as a "4" from a value standpoint. As expensive as the food is ($30 per thali), I expect a near flawless experience to receive a "5". While the piano is nice, sitting next to the piano combined with the open room with everyone talking makes it too noisy to carry a conversation. Also while our wait staff was friendly, the waiter put his fingers a little too close to our food when explaining the dishes.

Other than that, the restaurant is great and so well-located that we walked over to view the National Christmas Tree at The White House after dinner which made for a great date night activity.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank Road625051
Reviewed December 3, 2019

Our two favorite Indian restaurants in DC are Rasika and Rasika West End. They weren't open on Sunday, but Bombay Club was, so we went there for dinner. It has the same ownership as the Rasikas so we were expecting a great dining experience and we were not disappointed. The space is modern and elegant. A pianist playing on a gran piano added to the classy atmosphere.

We ordered the Green Chili Chicken, the Methi Gosht, the Dal Makhni and a side of Peshawari Naan. The dishes came with Basmati rice. The chicken was our favorite dish. Nicely spiced gravy, tender chicken and enough heat to tingle the taste buds. The lamb was delicious. The meat was nicely trimmed and tender, except for one piece that was a little tough. The gravy and spicing were spot on. The dal was creamy and appealing. The bread was excellent. We liked the ambience and the professional service.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 23, 2019

I had leisurely lunch with a friend here, and the food and service were excellent. The menu doesn't really tell you how spicy the entrees are, so be sure to ask. The portions are quite small, and the meat and chicken dishes apparently don't include any vegetables. The restaurant was full and very noisy, but we were able to converse easily despite the noise. It's a rather expensive lunch, and if I go back I will ask for a table with chairs, instead of one that has a couch on one side -- it looks nice but isn't that comfortable for eating.

Date of visit: November 2019