“Overrated and over priced”

Rocklands Barbeque and Grilling Company
Ranked #353 of 3,292 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: We've been serving our wood-only barbeque to loyal DC-area fans since 1990. The story starts before that, though: John Snedden started barbequeing whole pigs when he was in college. (Aren't we all glad he changed his plans and did not become a doctor?)
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The ribs were taken from the refrigerator and looked grey in color. They had been pre-boiled and then stuck on the grill to be warmed up. Tasteless!!! They took the macaroni and the collards from the refrigerator and warmed them up. We were extremely dissatisfied . The cost for this adventure was $75.00. A trip to popeyes' would have made a better evening. I wondered why I had not been back in a long time. Oh well..I WILL remember this time.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stopped for a sandwich as our firehouse had no A/C during the July heatwave and nobody felt like cooking in a 100 degree kitchen. I had the chopped pork sandwich platter withe fries and slaw. Sandwich was a decent portion and tasty, good smoke flavor. Sides were so so and what I consider small as a serving portion. BBQ sauce and slaw had a heavy vinegar base which some may not like but was OK with me. Limited seating.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

On top of the food not tasting that great, the service was horrible. Whenever I go to a restaurant that I am unfamiliar with, I always let the server know that it is my first time. When I let the gentleman behind the counter know that it was my first time and asked for assistance in ordering, he simply told me to look at the menu above his head. He didn't offer any suggestions whatsoever. I will never go back to this place. I would've probably given it another chance had the service not been poor.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Popped into the place for a quick bite after seeing a movie. The menu is simple, and there is a guarantee 8 minutes wait, otherwise you get dessert for free. The food is definitely yummy, the BBQ ribs is definitely a must, and the pulled pork melt in your mouth. What is best is that the price is not high. One complaint for me is that the one in Georgetown, there is very few seating capacities. Apart from that, it was great.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Terrific Bar-B-Q and wonderful sides. We take out from here to share with friends.