“Italian Family Style”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Cross street: Florida Avenue
Transit: Buca di Beppo is approximately a 10-minute walk from the Metro Dupont Cirlce stop, exit NQ.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great for large groups. All the meals are served in large family style portions to share.

This place is American-influenced Italian and is definitely quantity over quality. Not to say that it's not good in its own right. Divided up between a group it's very inexpensive.

The wall art ranges from slightly interesting to very tacky in the restaurant. The service is decent.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I had never been to this chain restaurant before. I think the basement idea (i.e. no windows on purpose) is odd. But they do an ambitious job of decorating the place with some fascinating kitsch. Good for conversation. The concept is to share your food and admittedly I am not a sharer. I do not care for other peoples' fingers and utensils in my grub. It also makes it more expensive - the chocolate cake was $13.25 per slice. Great for groups but not for an individual. The service was disappointing and lackluster. I think my server was tired.

Thank Ryan.W
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Havent been in a while, but quickly recalled the pros and cons. It is a fun atmosphere for a large group of people celebrating a birthday. Very affordable and great service. Only negative is you will drink a gallon of water for 12 hours after due to the excessive salt in many of the dishes.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had very good meal dinner at Buca . The dinners come family style so the portion are large. Bring your appetite. Service was quick and our waiter was attentive. The sauce was better than I expected. I thought it would be on the bland side as often large restaurants are but that wasn't the case. Prices were average for Washington DC but would be on the high side elsewhere.

Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Some friends recommended Buca to us. They did not realize it was a chain of restaurants. The small dishes are supposed to serve 2 people, but we had plenty to feed 3 or 4 people, especially when you add garlic bread. Would definately recommend!