“Birthday dinner”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Georgetown
Cross street: M Street
Transit: Every ten minutes, from 7 a.m. to midnight, ride the Georgetown Metro Connection. Ridership is open to everyone! Picking up from the Rosslyn and Dupont Circle metro stations every ten minutes makes getting to Georgetown quick and easy.
Reviewed July 22, 2016 via mobile

Wonderful Italian meal. Lobster pasta was excellent, veal chop was as big as the plate, and fork tender. All you care for amaretto after dinner. Bottle put on the table with glasses. A must eat place.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,635)

Reviewed July 22, 2016

This place was recommended to us by the concierge at our hotel. We were looking forward to a good Italian meal, but ended up with two people feeling ill by nightfall. The place is down a set of stairs as if you were going to eat in the basement. It was so loud that you could not have a conversation with one another. With a reservation, were were placed at a table outside of the kitchen door that was for 4 people even though we were a party of 5. It was a booth that they added a chair at end of table that was in the way of kitchen staff. The waiter knew it was not appropriate but tried to make the best of the situation. The group was hungry so we stayed. Lobster ravioli fishy, chicken cutlet crispy , and lasagna bolognese hearty. Those that ate ravioli got pretty sick that night. Overall experience, there are better places to go.

1  Thank boater2
Reviewed July 22, 2016 via mobile

My new motto: Don't miss a trip to Filomena's while in DC Georgetown. We went here twice while in DC with the kids, teens & preteens. The Italian food is authentic italian with an atmosphere that truly feels like you're in a restaurant in Italy. (Yes I've been to Italy.) The bolognaise lasagna was to die for! Had it wednesday than had to go back for more the next day. The portions are huge, wine list is substantial (and my husbands a wine snob ;) ) and desserts are the best. Our waiter, Anthony Soprano, yes his real name - I made him show me his license - was funny, quick, thorough,and didn't miss a beat. Filomena's is definately on my family's favorite list. Some would say it's pricey, but I would say you get what you pay for. Make sure you make a reservation and don't forget to get the bolognaise lasagna.

Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

Three of us had a delicious dinner here while in WDC. I had the homemade ravioli and meatballs. My companions had eggplant parmigiana and Sunday sauce. All were equally delicious and the portions huge. My only regret is we had no room for the desserts, which looked amazing.

Reviewed July 19, 2016

Went with a group of 10 on a busy week in Georgetown. !0,000 teachers as well as week of 4th of July.
We actually had 2 tables reserved 30 minutes apart and first group was late.The restaurant instead put us at one table which we had wanted at first. Service was great.food is HUGE potions and menu with many choices.Had to leave much on plate.Some found room for a dessert anyhow and the were unbelievable as well. The cheese cake was light..not heavy and melted in your mouth. I understand the reason for so many reservations! We have great choices in NYC for Italian...especially arthur's avenue but this was a lovely dinner.