“Worth the visit”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Georgetown
Cross street: M Street
Transit: Every ten minutes, from 7 a.m. to midnight, ride the Georgetown Metro Connection. Ridership is open to everyone! Picking up from the Rosslyn and Dupont Circle metro stations every ten minutes makes getting to Georgetown quick and easy.
Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

My husband's nephew recommended this restaurant so we went there for lunch. What looks like a small restaurant from the outside is actually big inside (or I should say downstairs).
We were seated right away as it was still early, got served with nice bread and were allowed for self service at the salad bar.
The food we ordered came in decent time in quite big portion that at the end we just took the leftovers home.
It was a good lunch there with delicious home made pasta. The price considerably cheap (in my opinion) and the food taste delicious. Will definitely come back again when I'm in DC (and will try the dessert for sure) ❤️

Thank nofanoenoehitoe .
Write a reviewReviews (2,637)

Reviewed July 5, 2016

If you like dining in the dark and if you want to spend $35 - $45 for a plate of pasta, this place is for you!
In the window of the restaurant you will see a mamma preparing fresh pasta which is a quite attractive scene. Then you have to take the stairs to go down in the house's basement where is located the noisy restaurant. The kitsch deco is really tired and the place is terribly dark.
Fresh pasta are good and portions are huge (impossible to finish the plate) but so expensive... Dessert sizes are also disproportionate: avoid them they aren't tasty... just creamy and fat.
Anyway this is not a place I would recommend.

Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

I visited Filomena while spending a weekend at the DC area. Yes, portions are gigantic and the ambience is quirky-romantic, starting from the entrance into a basement and continuing with the grandma leftovers China and linens on the tables. The waiters are very friendly when they talk to you (sometimes they just disappear) and the packed place gives it a fun vibe. However, this is just the soft core... The food (the hard core) is mediocre at best, nothing was specially good or remarkable. We ordered 4 appetizers, 3 main courses and a side. The pasta was over cooked and the sauces were just meh. Didn't taste the desserts. For the price (almost $200) I bet there will be better places around.

Reviewed July 4, 2016

We had reservations, which is highly recommended, and were seated almost immediately. We were initially told it would be 10-15 minutes so we went to the bar. Before we could order, the hostess came to tell us our table was ready. The reason I give it a 4 instead of a five is due to its very crowded environment. Patrons are seated very close together and and there are no private conversations. My partner was on a comfortable bench seat but only about two feet from others on either side of her. I was in the chair across from her with about the same distance from neighboring guests. There were no private conversations. The food was delicious and had an attractive presentation. See accompanying pictures of the menu and our dishes.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

Visited with friends and service was very good. The food was excellent and of a good standard. I found it a little noisy, but that is just me.

Date of visit: June 2016