“To DIE For”

Filomena Ristorante - Georgetown
Reserve with OpenTable
Filomena Ristorante - Georgetown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 3,229 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: M Street
Transit: Every ten minutes, from 7 a.m. to midnight, ride the Georgetown Metro Connection. Ridership is open to everyone! Picking up from the Rosslyn and Dupont Circle metro stations every ten minutes makes getting to Georgetown quick and easy.
Boston, Massachusetts
“To DIE For”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This place is just amazing. You can see the pasta mama making the pasta upstairs and it is just surreal. I have been here a few times and my favorite dish is the ragu. There is always leftovers. The desert wine is really great too. The deserts aren't amazing in my opinion, especially for the level of restaurant, but the pasta is to die for. Service is good too.

• Visited February 2013

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food but bear with inconsistent service”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I always get the same dishes here for a good reason--as a starter, fried rice balls and caesar salad, and as main dishes, the Clinton pasta and (forget the Italian name) the fried cutlet. My already aggressive appetite goes wilder here, so I try to eat lighter the meal prior to dining here. Watching pasta mamas' art is quite an experience. The only warning is: servers can sometimes be hostile. Maybe they are in charge of two many table at once. Noise level is average to high.

• Visited July 2013
mason city
“Great service and atmosphere.”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Highlight for us was the caramel eclair. Our waiter was very attentive. The arcini meatballs were excellent. It was fun watching the mamas make the pasta. Food wasn't really as exciting as we were expecting by the rave reviews. The spumoni cake was a disappointment. A $10 disappointment. Serving sizes are huge my husband and I split a meal

Bangor,Maine
“Wonderful food, great service”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We chose Filomena for our last dinner in DC because of the reviews & menus. We certainly weren't disappointed!

My wife had the pasta "La Familia" with sausage, meatballs, and ribs. It was delicious, but the portion was huge, so we took it with us. I enjoyed "CANNELLONI FRUTTI DI MARE (Shellfish Cannelloni) ". Shrimp, crab, scallops. I thought I'd died & gone to heaven!

Our server, Dario, was great. Not overbearing, but always nearby when needed. When he brought back the box of leftover pasta, he brought a second container. "I saw you really liked the bread (we did!), so I brought you some." Then there was the post meal amaretto....

Filomena is certainly on our "must visit" list for DC!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ckm1956
Sayre, Pennsylvania
“LOVE Filomena”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Don't know if I want to give up this gem...
Nice staff. Great buzz...crowded. I had the Tortelloni di Michele. I almost wept. DELICIOUS. Complimentary cordials at the end???Soup to nuts, my new favorite DC restaurant.

Visited August 2013