“Upscale diner”
Review of Daily Grill

Daily Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Daily Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #388 of 3,340 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: M Street
Transit: Red Line - Farragut North (one block away) Orange and Blue Lines - Farragut West (four blocks away)
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The comfort food is reliably good, but maybe more than the food, I come here for the ambience. I like the casually upscale vibe at these restaurants, both in Georgetown and at 18th and M. Service is usually very good. Prices are a bit high, but not so unreasonable. Portion sizes are very large.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Had a lovely brunch at Daily Grill, which I only just finished as I'd gorged myself of the delicious monkey bread that was bought over to nibble on as we waited. My omelette was very tasty, coffee refills readily available, and attentive service. Good spot for a relaxed meal

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We met friends for brunch on inauguration weekend, the place was PACKED. I had chilaquiles, fried eggs over tortillas and salsa. $13 seems pricey to me for a plate of eggs but it was good, the service was excellent, and the bloody Marys were great, including the grilled shrimp on top!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This wonderful place served a lot of customers and did it well. The lunch hour saw scores of people hoping for a table. Thank goodness we had a reservation. The salad I ordered was the freshest ever. This place just felt good and exciting like Washington, DC should.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My first time at the Daily Grill was not a disappointment, The place was mobbed on a busy Friday night, but they got us in. (Reservations highly recommended!) A jazz group kept us entertained, the wait was not overly long and the experience was wonderful! Even though they were swamped our waiter treated us as if we were his only customer. He made recommendations that were spot on. Our dinner was cooked to perfection, even though the kitchen was hopping.My husband's meatloaf was anything but mundane and my son's steak cooked perfectly. I had never had Chicken Piccata and the waiter recommended it and it was excellent. Portions size was generous and the deserts were almost overwhelming! We will be back!!!!