“If You're Staying at The Omni Shoreham...”

Mama Ayesha Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama Ayesha Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #533 of 3,300 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: African, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Adams Morgan
Cross street: Biltmore St
Transit: A few minutes walking distance from the Woodley Park/Adams Morgan/ Zoo Metro Station
Reviewed June 29, 2014

... Then you should definitely consider Mama Ayesha. Got res for 5 (my family) on a Saturday at 8:30pm so its not packing it in but still, most tables were filled and people seemed to be leaving happy. My wife is Lebanese and said the food tasted like her grandmothers. I'm no connoisseur of Middle Eastern but I imagine that this food is closer to "mama's" style cooking then refined fare. Either way, we ordered a ton of food and our kids (8,6,5) loved the hot pita triangles with hummus and cucumber yoghurt. They also loved the griiled shish chicken. I had lamb with couscous which was delicious. All the food was very very solid and service was excellent. The place is dark inside but that didn't seem to bother my family and actually was a nice, cool break from the hot day. Cocktails were decent as well. Overall, if you're staying in or near Woodley Park or at the Omni I think this is a great option for couples or families.

1  Thank StopPagingMe

Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

It's DC so parking is premium and we didn't see any designated restaurant parking so 25 minutes driving around. In the end got spot in front and was only 7 minutes late for reservation. Good environment and comfortable seating. I got Menzalah (eggplant and ground beef with turmeric rice). Spicing was okay but not full flavor. Hubby had Shish Taouk (grilled chicken with spices and vegetables along with rice). He liked it saying that it was "good" as in so-so, but not great. So we agree with other comment on here that says Trip Advisor reviews seem to be overrated (a bit).

1  Thank XelaChivo
Reviewed June 25, 2014

After reading all the great reviews, walked away disappointed. Don't get me wrong, its a very good restaurant - just not a great one. Hummus and lamb was nice, not delicious. The chicken and rice/carrott/cauliflower came across too bland for me, however the yougurt it came with was excellent.

Given the great reviews, however, I would consider going back...

1  Thank Trey R
Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is a nice restaurant in a good location. Our food was great and we enjoyed our dining experience. The only negative was the tables are very close together and you can hear conversations.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We went to dinner here last night. The food is just amazing. Our waiter was helpful and made the evening memorable. We will go back anytime we visit D.C.