“Great Lobster & Oysters ”
Review of Old Ebbitt Grill

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: National Mall
Cross street: 15th between F and G
Transit: Metro: Red Line to Metro Center, Orange/Blue to McPherson Square
Description: Established in 1856, the Old Ebbitt Grill was a favorite of Presidents Grant, Cleveland, Harding, and Theodore Roosevelt. The restaurant's decor is comprised of a Beaux-Arts facade, mahogany and velvet booths, and bars set in marble, brass, and beveled glass. Old Ebbitt serves a diverse selection of food including steaks, seafood, pasta, sandwiches, and also features an Oyster Bar with oysters form both coasts. Open early for breakfast and weekend brunch, and serving lunch, dinner and a late-night menu. Private and semi-private dining rooms including a rooftop overlooking the monuments and The White House.
Reviewed August 29, 2019 via mobile

The consistency of the food quality and service at old ebbitt grill is amazing!
Our server was training another server, and both were very good! Year over year, that doesn't happen by accident!

2  Thank Greg B
Write a reviewReviews (12,722)

Reviewed August 28, 2019 via mobile

I love this place. The service is impeccable. Alexa was attentive and kind quick and accurate with all eight of our orders.
Now let me just take a minute and RAVE about the manager! Chris left a few years ago I quit going! After going to this place for 20 odd years The food quality stopped! Then bang Chris is back the food is wonderful and so is he!
Don’t ever throw a diamond away! And Chris a diamond! I love him! Don’t ever leave me again!

2  Thank Laurie M
Reviewed August 28, 2019

This is one of the best places to dine in DC, the food is great and the wait staff is friendly and attentive. I had the best Cesar salad topped with the most well cooked piece of salmon I’ve ever had it was truly delicious.

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank shequettac
Reviewed August 27, 2019

Old Ebbitt Grill is one of many iconic establishments in downtown DC. We have often walked by it over the years, checked out the menu, noticed how busy it was, but never walked through the door. This year, after doing all of that, and walking around the block, we decided to brave the bar and see if a couple of seats were available. And, they were! Our bartender, Vinny, was as friendly and professional as they come. Old Ebbitt Grill boasts a beautiful bar, extensive options for drinks and a menu that offers a little of everything without being overly crowded. We settled into two local brews and ordered. Vinny’s first question was, “does anyone have food allergies we need to know about?” I am cursed with a list of issues when it comes to food. After a brief conversation, I ordered the BLT and my spouse decided on the Jumbo Lump Crabmeat Sandwich. Soon after, an associate from the kitchen came to have a chat with me to be sure that the BLT they were preparing would meet my dietary needs. When our food came it was delicious! I asked Vinny about the extra attention I received. His reply was that the Old Ebbitt Grill takes food allergies and serving safe and delicious food very seriously. We are grateful that they do, and thankful for those two seats at the bar.

2  Thank Turnturn02159
Reviewed August 26, 2019 via mobile

Second time I have been here while on my travels. Took the family this time and they weren’t disappointed.

The meatloaf was remembered from last trip and it didn’t disappoint. Well worth a try.

Note- best to book in advance. Even booking a good few days before we had to take a later dinner time due to it being busy

2  Thank Germansi