“Easy, yummy, happy”

Ranked #924 of 3,257 Restaurants in Washington DC
Clinton, Massachusetts
“Easy, yummy, happy”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Decided to pop in for lunch as I passed it by. Having never been the not busy but constant flow of customers seemed a good sign. The gentleman behind the counter gave me a quick run down of the how it works. Pick your noodles, veggies, protein, broth and any extras from their good size menu. "Ill have the special." My usual order when I have no idea. "Do I like spicy?" He asked and then we were off. I don't know exactly what was in the bowl come the end of the line but it was yummy and only $11 with a tea.
I wasn't a fan of the thick white noodles. Little bit fishy in a they were supposed to be fishy I just wasn't a fan sort if way. Next time as yes there will be a next time I will opt for black rice I think. The cabbage and ground beef and egg and mushrooms and other bits i was too busy eating to care what they were called all topped with a light broth and chili oil. I was surprised how much I actually enjoyed everything.

• Visited January 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Convenient Asian-type Food for Work Lunch”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Bibimbap fast food style. I enjoy the possibility of having Korean food at this location, but their food is pretty salty and they can be stingy with the protein depends on who is assembling your food. The taste tho, other than the over-salting, tastes good.

Visited October 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Healthy options if you choose right”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Good variety of healthy toppings with good flavours make for a decent, different lunch spot. I was looking for a simple lunch and came away feeling happy I'd chosen Rice Bar.

Visited September 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The fact that I even have to write this bad review frustrates me. I'm vegetarian and I was super excited to try pretty much everything on the menu when I walked in. I literally couldn't wait to try the "best vegetarian in D.C.".

Upon entering the cafe, every item looked delicious and I was ready to go. Unfortunately, the woman at the counter was dull-faced and seemed annoyed to see me. Granted, I came in about 45 minutes to closing time. No matter, because the food would be worth it...Right? Right??

What I ordered:

A soy milk peanut butter shake
Turkey Club (on toasted whole wheat)
Temptation

The soy milkshake was bland. The turkey club was mushy, bland, had no seasoning or style whatsoever, didn't come with chips and a pickle, and basically could not be called a club sandwich. It was fake meat and cheese slices with a piece of limp lettuce, Food Lion tasting tomato and cucumber, slapped on two pieces of stale tasting bread and cut in half.

The "Temptation"? The same sandwich. Except with avocado and tempeh instead of fake tofurkey slices.

Never been more disappointed in my life!! I have enough trouble finding good vegetarian and vegan joints when I travel...Kicking myself for not trying some truly decent veg. I wish I had saved my money and checked out Soul Vegetarian's Exodus (my original destination) or Sunflower instead.

• Visited June 2012
“LOVE the food. It is consistently...”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

LOVE the food. It is consistently good.

The owner is always nice!

I eat here about once per week and enjoy the hot food options.

Prepare to wait... Service is slow, even when the place is not busy.

1 Thank lalalanddc