“super good food and value for yoour money”
Review of Asia 54

Asia 54
Ranked #432 of 3,283 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2014

i go there nw for a year the food is excellent the service nice and the gerneral c... chicken spicy .... a dream . for lunch the suhis are the best in town .

There are newer reviews for Asia 54

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We were looking for a sushi place by DuPont Circle and found this on TripAdvisor -- good find.
Its pan-asian with a sushi focus. We had a combo of peanut sauce tofu, lo mein, edmame, dragon rolls, spicy tuna, and other rolls. No complaints.

Service was good and reasonably fast. Decent beer menu with Asian beers also. Prices were reasonable and rolls were large -- 8 pieces.

Location is 5 min from DuPoint Circle, across from the Palomar. Not a place for a fancy dinner but a casual lunch or dinner. Cooked food was definitely good as well for non-sushi folks.

Recommended.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We opted for this place for lunch during the week. The facade is unassuming, but inside it is cozy and clean. We tried the coconut shrimp appetizers which were very good. Large shrimp and good coconut breading with a spicy/sweet sauce for dipping. My wife had a tempura crunchy roll shrimp and I had their red curry, extra extra hot. Overall it was good...not the greatest sushi or curry we've ever had, but good. Portions were generous and the service was good as well. Overall we wouldn't necessarily drive back there just to go to that restaurant, but if we found ourselves in the Dupont Circle area of DC and felt like Asian food, we would definitely give it another round.

1  Thank EduardoC1811
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Making sushi is hard, but Asia 54 gave it a valiant effort.

I decided to try out Asia 54 because I had a craving for sushi. I ordered-in for delivery the spicy tuna roll, the capital roll, and the soft-shell crab roll. Overall, the rice was good sushi rice, but the meat inside was not amazing.

With softshell crab rolls being my favorite type of Maki, I was most disappointed in this roll. The tempura came off very heavy, but it didn't look like a whole softshell crab was inside. The roll was very small compared to the standard spider roll.

However, I'm not saying Asia 54 had "bad" sushi, it's just hard to do and they kind of dropped the ball. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here at the physical restaurant, but then again, delivery sushi that is amazing is hard to find a matter where you are!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Nice quiet place after a jam-packed day. Great food at a reasonable price. Super location not far from Dupont Circle. A good "take your friends" place for sure.