“Amazing!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I was in the mood for sushi and decided to check on Trip Advisor to see if there were any in the area. To my surprise I saw the #1 pick in all of DC to be a sushi place, So I decided I must try. The reviews had said the sushi was only okay, but I wanted some anyway! I'm not sure what other people get for sushi but I thought it was fantastic! Extremely fresh fish. I watched them prepare it, as I sat at the sushi bar, and they were very clean, very precise, very quick and very good at what they did. I also tried the Tuna tartare on the recommendation of the sushi chef and it was amazing! One of the tastiest dishes I have ever had, an explosion of flavors in my mouth! As an entrée I tried the crispy duck and that too was very delicious. All at a reasonable price!

1  Thank Rebecca W

Reviewed August 23, 2013

#1 in Washington, DC?! Are you kidding me?! This restaurant isn't worthy of being in the top 100 in Washington, DC. The sushi is mediocre at best. The service is ok besides the fact that our server had to be reminded of an order of miso soup. I am on a quest to find a great sushi restaurant in Washington, DC and Asia 54 definitely didn't make the cut. I won't be going back.

1  Thank Lcaligiuri
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had heard so much about this restaurant and wanted to give it a try. It was so worth it. The sushi was excellent. The appetizers especially the tuna tartar was delicious. Try all the appetizers , they were amazing.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I give this place four rather than 5 stars because I wasnt thrilled with their sushi, the seaweed was a little too flavorful for my liking. That being said, everything else in this place was great! Our waitress was super friendly and helpful, she even suggested places we could visit in DC (and her recommendations turned out to be quite good)! I really liked all the food here except for the one sushi roll i ordered. Their tuna tar tar was AZMAZING, their meat in greapleaves rolls were delicious, their clay pot with pork was also very very good and their beef cubes were fantastic. All in all a great meal at a very cute place! I honestly have to say though I wasnt thrilled with my spicy tuna roll, while the fish was great and fresh the seaweed was too "flavorful" (I dont like to taste my seaweed) and the rice a little hard, still edible and not horrible but definitely not the best i've ever had! I'd come here for the thai/vietnamease food and have some sushi appetizers like the tar tar.

1  Thank back2bklyn
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This place has it all if what you want is great food and service, a great price, and honesty. Fabulous sushi, and we know our sushi. Fabulous pad Thai. Kind and intelligent service from Jeff. Just a great culinary experience, with astounding plating. Really well done.